Senior RF Connector Engineer
Job title: Senior RF Connector Engineer
Summary/Objective: The Senior RF Connector Engineer will be responsible for the product design of Samtec’s RF interconnect products.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Review and rationalize new product scopes.
- Ability to be “forward-facing” to customers to identify creative solutions and address customer and market needs.
- Conceptualize and design RF interconnect products using 3D CAD.
- Define characterization and test plans.
- Actively participate and support peer design reviews and other team efforts.
- Review and approve detail drawings.
- Review test results and address deviations as required.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change very quickly.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Quality and Operations
- ITAR: Must be able to legally work in the United States. Position requires the candidate to be a US Person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20).
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- 10+ Years’ of experience in RF Connector Design
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and debugging mmWave (40+ GHz) interconnect products.
- Proficient in the interpretation of s-parameter and Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) measurements.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in blueprint reading, GD&T and tolerance stack-ups.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanour, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required. Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-orientated and focused.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- On the job training as appropriate.