Senior Research Scientist
The qualified individual will be a hardware lead responsible for:
- Research and development of a wide variety of metaphotonic elements and systems for real-world products
- Explore cutting-edge technologies for our imaging products
- Create quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Design, fabricate, and demonstrate bio-inspired and/or AI-empowered photonic/optical devices for CIS, LIDAR, and/or other 3D sensors
- Design, fabricate, and demonstrate wearable and/or disposable biomedical sensors for in-vitro and in-vivo applications using smartphone imaging sensors
- Design, fabricate, and demonstrate wearable and/or implantable ocular sensors for in-vitro and in-vivo applications
- Working closely with software engineers to optimize data processing algorithms and their implementation in hardware
- Assist clinical teams for in-vitro/in-vivo testing of biomedical sensors used with smartphone-based imaging sensors
- Interacting with team to assist in overall development of optical systems; developing and benchmarking system performance models and test evaluation
- Participate in design reviews of optical, opto-mechanical components, equipment and systems
- Writing patent disclosures
- Prepare/submit manuscripts to WTC journals.
- Demo system setup and evaluation
- Serve as a contact hub for GRO and other Samsung’s strategic and tactical collaboration programs with US institutes and companies.
- Create new research program(s) in photonics, especially related to bio-medical sensing.
- Recruit new talents to enhance and expand the lab’s capability.