Manager of Corporate Development and Synergy
Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC) Mission
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
The candidate will support cross-business and strategic initiatives of the Strategy & Corporate Development team and the President of SSIC. Since this role will act as the key interface between teams in Samsung’s Korea HQ and our US-based team, the candidate must be fluent in both Korean and English, and have extensive knowledge of Samsung’s organization and culture.
What will you be doing?
- Support major strategy and synergy initiatives for Samsung’s Chief Strategy Officer and Chairman of the Board for the HARMAN business
- Act as key interface and relationship manager with the overall goal of building and enhancing long-term strategy and relationship between Samsung’s Korea teams and our US-based team
- Collaborate with integration synergy team members and across various Samsung and HARMAN businesses to drive synergies plans between Samsung and HARMAN forward
- Monitor and track integration and synergy efforts against milestones
- Develop in-depth strategy analyses and communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze business plans, financial information, and other publicly available information
- Strong academic record
- 5 years of experience in M&A integration, business operations, and/or program management roles
- Background in managing relationships with global teams
- Korean language fluency – this is a hard requirement, as this role will be responsible for communication and coordination with various Samsung businesses in Korea
- Deep knowledge of Samsung’s organization and culture; ideally a current or previous employee
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company and support executive decision making
Key Qualities to Succeed:
- Critical-thinking, determination, and flexibility
- Comfortable interacting with and influencing senior executives
- Capacity to succeed in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong planning, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Team player with “roll up the sleeves” attitude and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.