Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI) is currently looking for a Financial Analyst. This role will gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans and operating status. Other duties will be conducting the Company’s financial closing, forecast, annual budgeting, variance analysis, and special projects. She or he will provide support to senior management including preparing a monthly financial report, actual vs budget analysis, operating expense analysis, headquarter requested reports and other projects requested by senior management.
- Analyze SSI actual operating results of Memory & SoC business throughout the year and compare to monthly forecast and yearly plan and interpret data and presents results to management.
- Work closely with Sales/Marketing team to analyze every operating result such as ASP by application, product, and customer
- Perform diverse cost saving projects in finance operation requested by CFO & Controller
- Analyze trends in all areas of OPEX expenses to help business partners gain key insights into spend. Collaborate cross-functionally with other FP&A groups, as well as operations including purchasing, accounting, and facilities to support the entire DSA groups.
- Prepare and compile annual budget plan which involves headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long range planning. Will also work to accomplish month-end closing by collaborating with accounting and resolving issues that arise to ensure a timely close. This requires extensive use of Excel spreadsheets and will be required to use SAP (FI/CO).
- Assist with ad hoc reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or technology or management
- 2+ years of experience in finance, strategic planning, Technical Marketing for major tech companies and/or business consulting
- Strong understanding of a broad range of technologies relevant to product range from Semiconductor industry
- MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint, SAP (Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint)
- 5 years of Finance experience
- Experience working in a leading technology company and a fast pace environment. .
- Extensive knowledge of Memory (DRAM/NAND) field such as business, product, and market trends, etc.
- Experience with collaborating cross-functionally and partnering with organizational leaders across the company
- Skilled in analytics and financial modeling.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
Click here to visit our Samsung Semiconductor Career Page
A day in the life Samsung Video