Sr. Manager, Marketing for Europe and Israel in Berlin
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
The Marketing Sr. Manager for Europe and Israel is responsible for spearheading SSIC’s marketing strategy and execution including events marketing and communications management across Europe and Israel.
The Sr. manager will plan SSIC participation in high profile innovation events (third party events e.g. Viva Technology, Slush, Tech Crunch Disrupt, Noah Conference or its own events e.g. Samsung Innovation Summit in Israel), securing speaking opportunities, imagining and planning top level side events, implementing guerilla marketing campaigns. In addition, the Sr. Manager will plan and execute multi-platform stories that bring SSIC’s initiatives to life and engage audiences across the region. No matter the medium —a live event, video, or social— the Sr. Manager helps set the strategy, creative direction, aligns both internal and external partners, manages the budget, and leads production through each event and campaign’s full life-cycle.
You will report into the Head of Marketing & Communications team based in Silicon Valley, working closely with the Managing Director Europe in Paris, the Heads of Berlin and Tel Aviv offices, as well as communications, marketing and program teams in the US. This role requires someone who is passionate about technology, is able to manage geographically dispersed partners, and excited to showcase how Samsung works with some of the most innovative, disruptive startups, on technologies that have the potential to radically change our world.
Key Qualities to Succeed:
The ideal candidate will have a very structured and strategic mindset, will be able to work fairly independently while conducting several projects in parallel. Experience working at a start-up or hi-growth, multi-national organization is a plus. This person is comfortable working with executives, can work effectively across a wide range of internal and external teams globally. The candidate should have relevant experience and passion for emerging technologies (robotics, deep learning/AI, machines, and sensors/processors). You’ll have a strong background driving successful marketing events and campaigns, has excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills. You showcase savvy leadership with executives and teams.
- Plan and execute SSIC participation s to leading innovation events in Europe and Israel.
- Lead the creation of fresh, authentic, and strategic marketing programs and campaigns that entertains and educates audiences about Samsung’s innovation and investment initiatives.
- Drive action and engagement, reaching partner and participation targets for campaigns.
- Oversee assigned projects for their entire life cycle, i.e., work with stakeholders early on in the development of events and campaigns, vet ideas through all teams, and lead events and campaigns execution.
- Communicate effectively through all stakeholders on project including but not limited to: Events Management, Executive Communications, Partner companies/organizations, Production, Design, Legal, and Client/Agency teams.
- Develop and execute proactive media campaigns that increase awareness of SSIC’s strategy and investments in the region.
- Self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills, ability to reorient teams and drive execution when priorities change.
- Superior problem-solving skill and a "can-do" attitude.
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup culture.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven C-suite level experience.
- Relationships with and understanding of the venture capital community, key business partners, events, media, and industry thought leaders.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, or technology experience.
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or relevant field, or relevant experience.
- Prior experience with events planning and production very helpful in this role.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in German or French, and working knowledge of the other language, required.