Software Development Engineer, ID8 Lab
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
The Samsung ID8 team is a cross disciplinary team of makers focused on building products and platforms.
We combine design with emerging technologies (edge computing, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, etc.) to imagine and invent new experiences for customers.
The Samsung ID8 Team is based in San Jose, California, and we are part of the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center CTO office where we are helping to bring new innovations to life in AI, IOT and Automobile space.
- Develop and build software features and APIs for embedded and/or cloud back-end systems.
- Design and Develop APIs/RESTful Web Services and messaging based software infrastructure.
- Develop, customize, integrate and support applications for new and/or existing products through the entire product development life-cycle.
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams to bring product ideas to life.
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- Professional software development experience in technology industries, consumer products preferred.
- Excellent programming skills with Java, Python, and/or C/C++ is a must.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, embedded software/firmware, Linux, networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), device drivers and hardware interfaces (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth).
- Demonstrated experience with technical design including application architectures, design patterns; strong understanding of object oriented design.
- Experience with AI, Machine Learning, IoT, and/or AWS Cloud is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Agile development, JIRA, Confluence, and code repository tools such as Bit Bucket or Github.
- Experience with optimizing code for performance and size is a big plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate in distributed team setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.