Director, Customer Success
Job Title: Director, Customer Success
Salsa is a leading technology company serving the nonprofit sector. Salsa provides powerful SaaS tools for fundraising, advocacy, marketing and supporter engagement across all types of nonprofit organizations. Founded in 2003, Salsa is driven by a passion to help nonprofits achieve their mission. Salsa makes it easier for social good organizations to engage communities, raise funds, rally supporters and make their voices heard. Salsa powers more than 3,000 organizations and 10,000 nonprofit professionals – organizations like Marine Corp Toys for Tots, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Save the Children Action Network, National Disability Rights Network and many more.
Salsa is a great place to work - a transparent organization that promotes a flexible and collaborative culture. Team members work hard, have fun, and actually help social good organizations change the world for the better. Salsa is part of the EveryAction family. EveryAction is the fastest growing and second largest nonprofit software company with over 15,000 organizations using the software to raise more money and build more support. Headquartered in Washington, DC, EveryAction is fueled by passionate people who care about doing more good.
Salsa is looking for a Director, Customer Success to define, design and deliver a cohesive customer success strategy for our organization. The position is responsible for managing a team of Customer Success Managers, delivering excellent customer service, and successfully collaborating with other teams throughout the company to improve our products and services, product adoption rates, customer satisfaction rates and retention rates. The right candidate will have a strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth.
Success in this position, in part, will be measured against the following KPIs:
- Net $ retention rate
- Gross $ retention rate
- Logo retention rate
- Customer performance improvement metrics (e.g. y-o-y growth in donations)
- Customer satisfaction scores
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn, expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell, influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores, and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define operational metrics for Customer Success team, establish system for tracking metrics, and create cadence for review within the team
- Create company-wide culture of Customer Success: align with Marketing for existing clients, align with Product Management and Development around driving product roadmap and product enhancements, align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, align with Finance & Billing around revenue collections and forecasting, and align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives.
- Recruit, develop and manage a team of professionals committed to achieving industry-leading customer success KPIs. Create a rapid onboarding process for new team members, foster collaboration within the Customer Success team and encourage continuous learning within the team.
- Establish, communicate and operate customer success functional processes that achieve desired retention results while providing scalability and minimizing cost
- To the extent existing functions span multiple locations, rationalize these functions in a way that maximizes effectiveness while minimizing long term costs.
- Establish systems and practices for efficient and regular reporting of KPIs. Ensure all team members are intimately aware of KPI goals and understand how their roles impact KPIs.
- Provide detailed and prioritized input to Salsa’s Product Management and Development Teams regarding ongoing R&D investment to meet current and future customer needs
- Act as a strong customer advocate, working internally with Salsa’s Product Management, Development, Product Adoption, Customer Onboarding/Implementation, Education, and Customer Support Teams to escalate customer concerns and issues
- Refine customer health scoring; source relevant data points, aggregate insights, and build calls to action and notifications to drive retention and growth strategies.
Some Must Haves:
- 2+ years experience leading customer success functions in a Saas environment
- Served a customer base of mid-market to enterprise customers
- Hands-on experience with churn mitigation platforms such as ChurnZero, Gainsight, or equivalents
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
- Proven ability to mentor and coach Customer Success team members
- Familiarity with Customer Success best practices within a SaaS organization, and success in implementing those practices in a meaningful way
- Effective communicator with exceptional project management skills
- Inspirational leader, strong team player, and forceful advocate for clients
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and their use of technology for fundraising, advocacy, digital marketing, etc.
- Familiarity with nonprofit technology tools such as EveryAction, NGP VAN, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Luminate, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce and/or Zendesk
- Exposure to Marketing or Sales technology platforms such as Marketo, Hubspot, etc.
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with 2% company contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, an ongoing education allowance, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
This position is based out of our Wexford, PA office location (preferred). We are also open to candidates in the Washington, DC and Bethesda, MD areas. Our culture is fast-paced, creative and innovative with a casual work environment.
Salsa/EveryAction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and Salsa/EveryAction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.