Customer Success Manager
Salsa is a leading technology company serving the nonprofit sector. Salsa provides powerful SaaS tools for fundraising, advocacy, marketing and supporter engagement across all types of nonprofit organizations. Founded in 2003, Salsa is driven by a passion to help nonprofits achieve their mission. Salsa makes it easier for social good organizations to engage communities, raise funds, rally supporters and make their voices heard. Salsa powers more than 3,000 organizations and 10,000 nonprofit professionals – organizations like Marine Corp Toys for Tots, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Save the Children, National Disability Rights Network and many more.
Salsa is a great place to work - a transparent organization that promotes a flexible and collaborative culture. Team members work hard, have fun, and actually help social good organizations change the world for the better. Salsa is part of the EveryAction family. EveryAction is the fastest growing and second largest nonprofit software company with over 15,000 organizations using the software to raise more money and build more support. Headquartered in Washington, DC, EveryAction is fueled by passionate people who care about doing more good.
Customer Success Managers report to the Director of Customer Success and will “own” a portfolio of premier Salsa clients. Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with Salsa users, acting as an escalation point for issues that impact customer success and responding to retention risks and opportunities. As a member of the Customer Success Team, this position will aim to expand Salsa’s adoption, retention, and ultimately, success. Customer Success Managers work to become not just Salsa experts, but a valued resource in SaaS organizing technology, best practices, and digital campaign management.
- Professionally manage customer relationships with a portfolio of assigned accounts
- Meet customer retention goals and ensure consistently high retention rates.
- Build and maintain strong, trusted working relationships with key decision makers and power users from onboarding to end of client lifecycle.
- Gain a thorough understanding of assigned client’s needs, campaign objectives, and processes to ensure that they successfully adopt and deploy Salsa.
- Ensure that customers derive maximum value from Salsa.
- Identify risks to customer success and aggressively/proactively engage the client whenever there’s an identified retention issue.
- Develop and execute retention plans for customers who may be at risk
- Closely track client engagement activity and risk potential in Salesforce and Gainsight
- Drive resolution of escalated account issues in coordination with Billing, Support, and other departments.
- Gain and maintain an expert knowledge of Salsa’s products and services
- Be a voice for accounts internally and help senior leadership understand product concerns, shortcomings, and missing features that are retention risks.
- Manage contract related inquiries, questions, and issues from clients and other departments.
- This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Salsa locations.
Some Must Haves:
- 3+ years proven achievement in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role for a SaaS company
- Experience working with large enterprise customers
- Experience with account portfolio planning, management, and prioritization
- High attention to detail and willingness to get “in the weeds” to fix a problem
- Comfortable navigating and mediating conflict while being able to foster honest dialog
- Knowledge of customer success best practices
- Experience driving client adoption of technology or software products
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Onboarding, Support)
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk or Gainsight
- Direct experience working at a nonprofit, or in the fundraising, advocacy, or digital marketing industry
- 5+ years proven achievement in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role for a SaaS company with a designated portfolio of clients
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with 2% company contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, an ongoing education allowance, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
This position is based out of our Wexford, PA office location. Our culture is fast-paced, creative and innovative with a casual work environment.
Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.