Software Support Specialist (Evening Shift 11am - 8pm EST)
Salsa is a leading technology company serving the nonprofit sector. Salsa provides powerful SaaS tools for fundraising, advocacy, marketing and supporter engagement across all types of nonprofit organizations. Founded in 2003, Salsa is driven by a passion to help nonprofits achieve their mission. Salsa makes it easier for social good organizations to engage communities, raise funds, rally supporters and make their voices heard. Salsa powers more than 3,000 organizations and 10,000 nonprofit professionals – organizations like Marine Corp Toys for Tots, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Save the Children, National Disability Rights Network and many more.
Salsa is a great place to work - a transparent organization that promotes a flexible and collaborative culture. Team members work hard, have fun, and actually help social good organizations change the world for the better. Salsa is part of the EveryAction family. EveryAction is the fastest growing and second largest nonprofit software company with over 15,000 organizations using the software to raise more money and build more support. Headquartered in Washington, DC, EveryAction is fueled by passionate people who care about doing more good.
We want our clients to use our software to change the world – and to do that, we need dedicated, energetic Software Support Specialists to show them the ropes and provide exceptional tech support via phone, email and chat.
- Navigate communication over email, chat and phone channels to quickly answer questions and resolve both technical and non-technical problems with our nonprofit clients
- Diffuse tense situations and put customers at ease
- Lead conversations with our clients about the solutions our email and fundraising software tools offer
- Represent yourself as a non-profit advocate to our clients to help them continue to be successful year over year
- Leverage critical thinking skills to implement out of the box solutions and solve customer tickets
- Strive for one-call resolution, following up with customers as needed on outstanding support tickets to bring tickets to close and ensure client requests are responded to
- Clearly communicate bugs or feature requests to development team to ensure we are fixing the right problems and releasing awesome changes
- Take customer support calls during scheduled call shift
- Direct clients to online training and job aid resources when applicable
- Update client tickets and notes within Jira and Zendesk ticketing systems
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and quality scores as outlined by management
What We’re Looking for:
- A passion for web technology. Not only using it in your day-to-day life, but understanding how it impacts businesses, and specifically, nonprofit organizations.
- You’re a multi-tasker. We are a fast-paced software company that iterates quickly to ensure that our nonprofit clients are successful.
- Experience working in an email ticketing system such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Intercom, etc.
- You’re familiar with project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience providing customer service or technical support for a tech product via phone, email and/or chat
- Exceptional organizational skills that allow you to work under strict deadlines and quickly prioritize tasks
- Impeccable attention to detail, particularly with written communications
- Bonus points if you have experience with HTML/CSS in a troubleshooting or design role
- Extra bonus points if you’ve worked in a nonprofit and understand the hurdles they experience with leveraging software and online technologies.
Please note, our standard support hours are from 8am – 8pm EST. This position entails working a rotating shift of 9 – 6pm and 11am – 8pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with 2% company contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, an ongoing education allowance, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
Our office is located at 10475 Perry Highway, Suite 301, Wexford, PA 15090. The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy.
EEO Statement: Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.