Implementation / Data Conversion Specialist
Salsa is a leading technology company serving the nonprofit sector. Salsa provides powerful SaaS tools for fundraising, advocacy, marketing and supporter engagement across all types of nonprofit organizations. Founded in 2003, Salsa is driven by a passion to help nonprofits achieve their mission. Salsa makes it easier for social good organizations to engage communities, raise funds, rally supporters and make their voices heard. Salsa powers more than 3,000 organizations and 10,000 nonprofit professionals – organizations like Marine Corp Toys for Tots, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Save the Children, National Disability Rights Network and many more.
Salsa is a great place to work - a transparent organization that promotes a flexible and collaborative culture. Team members work hard, have fun, and actually help social good organizations change the world for the better. Salsa is part of the EveryAction family. EveryAction is the fastest growing and second largest nonprofit software company with over 15,000 organizations using the software to raise more money and build more support. Headquartered in Washington, DC, EveryAction is fueled by passionate people who care about doing more good.
As an Implementation/Data Conversion Specialist, you will provide high-level client service for Salsa’s nonprofit clients to kick-start their adoption of the Salsa platform. This includes managing and performing a conversion of the client’s source database(s) into Salsa CRM and effectively implementing the Salsa CRM software.
The role will require working closely with the client to establish timelines and goals for each stage of the project. The Implementation/Data Conversion Specialist is charged with fulfilling customer needs from the time of the signed contract and installation, through the final data conversion, including post conversion issues.
- Perform ETL processes on data. Extract customer data, transform it into conversion/product specs, and load it into Salsa CRM using various tools
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with excellent communication skills
- Execute implementation and setup tasks for new clients, including data extract, mapping, and migration
- Project manage new client implementations via email, phone, and web-based tools
- Track implementation tasks against a schedule and coordinate with internal staff to ensure goals are met on a timely basis
- Assist Customer Success team or Customer Support when additional technical assistance is needed post-conversion
Some Must Have’s:
- Strong and varied relational database knowledge is essential
- Strong data analysis skills are essential
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data spreadsheets
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, query writing, and SQL
- Exceptional project management skills that allow you to work under strict deadlines and quickly prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail that is impeccable, particularly with written communications
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- A willingness to go the extra mile to kick start our client organizations’ success
- This role will require multi-tasking and completing projects simultaneously
- Able to work as a member of both formal and informal teams, pitching in on whatever needs to be done to accomplish the team’s larger mission
- Experience using Salsa (or another online organizing platform, like Convio, Luminate, Engaging Networks, etc.)
- Direct experience working in fundraising, advocacy, or marketing campaigns online
- Direct experience working for a nonprofit organization or political campaign or a business serving nonprofit organizations
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, ChurnZero, and/or Jira
- Experience with data migration software like Talend, Pentaho, or similar
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with 2% company contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, an ongoing education allowance, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
Our office is located at 10475 Perry Highway, Suite 301, Wexford, PA 15090. The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy.
Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.