Salsa is a leading technology company serving the nonprofit sector. Salsa provides powerful SaaS tools for fundraising, advocacy, marketing and supporter engagement across all types of nonprofit organizations. Founded in 2003, Salsa is driven by a passion to help nonprofits achieve their mission. Salsa makes it easier for social good organizations to engage communities, raise funds, rally supporters and make their voices heard. Salsa powers more than 3,000 organizations and 10,000 nonprofit professionals – organizations like Marine Corp Toys for Tots, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Save the Children, National Disability Rights Network and many more.
Salsa is a great place to work - a transparent organization that promotes a flexible and collaborative culture. Team members work hard, have fun, and actually help social good organizations change the world for the better. Salsa is part of the EveryAction family. EveryAction is the fastest growing and second largest nonprofit software company with over 15,000 organizations using the software to raise more money and build more support. Headquartered in Washington, DC, EveryAction is fueled by passionate people who care about doing more good.
As a member of our Client Success department, the Instructional Designer/Trainer will own the client training process from end to end, with a focus on outcomes-based education. He or she will identify learning needs to create self-service/self-paced e-learning curriculum, train-the-trainer curriculum, webinars, etc. The Instructional Designer/Trainer will have a background in education, particularly in adult learning, distance learning, or instructional technology, and will have experience developing eLearning models using Adobe Captivate.
- Design, develop, execute, enhance and maintain effective learning programs/trainings/curriculum that accelerate client adoption of Salsa’s products, increase bench strength, and drive business results.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of our products, identify training objectives, and prepare presentations, examples, evaluations, solutions, surveys, labs and demos that aid our clients in learning our products
- Utilize Adobe Captivate to create training curriculum and instructional materials
- Create complex animations and interactive elements for e-learning courseware
- Upload new/modify existing courses within SkillJar LMS; manage LMS content and configure new learning programs for clients and internal staff
- Collaborate with SMEs and technical writers to continuously improve training programs and to provide an exceptional learning experience
- Work closely with other members of the Client Services team to provide insights on existing and future training tools from both observation and client feedback
- Incorporate best practices when designing surveys and measuring the effectiveness of training programs on client adoption and client success initiatives.
- Incorporate a multitude of training modes (presentations, product demos, scenario-based exercises, etc.) when developing training programs
- Design and deliver webinar trainings as needed (both 1:Many and 1:1)
- Provide continuous assessment of training needs prioritization of needs, and execution of training; evaluate training outcomes and recommend program changes
- Prior experience developing, curating, implementing and executing self-paced, web-based, e-learning programs for a technical or web-based product
- Proficiency with Adobe Captivate or other related content management system
- Experienced user of at least one leading LMS
- Minimum 2 years in client facing consultant or training role
- Bachelor's degree in field of education, adult learning, instructional design, or related field
- Experience with ADDIE or Rapid Instructional Design principles
- Proven ability in technical writing
- Exceptional writing, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong attention to detail, but ability to see the big picture
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with 2% company contribution, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, an ongoing education allowance, up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
This position may be based out of our Bethesda, MD or Wexford, PA offices. Our culture is fast-paced, creative and innovative with a casual work environment.
Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.