Principal Database Administrator
The Principal Database Administrator manages our ever growing farm of production databases and other technologies that are essential to the operation of Sage Intacct’s cloud service. Work closely with operations engineers and application developers to ensure database integrity, availability, and performance.
- Configure and maintain Oracle database servers
- Participate in the team’s 24x7 on call rotation and provide occasional off-hours support when required
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Proactively identify areas for optimization and troubleshoot database performance issues
- Work closely with Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Develop and optimize complex SQL and PLSQL code
- Manage database schema maintenance and migrations
- Improve service availability and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process
- Administer different technologies and tools like MongoDB, Postgres DB, AWS, QlikSense, OBIEE
- Implement and maintain database backup and recovery, disaster recovery procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of Oracle database administration experience
- 5+ years of automation experience with Shell Scripting/Bash/Python
- Oracle administration skills, preferably in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Understanding of backup and recovery concepts and Oracle RMAN
- Good knowledge of Oracle Data Guard implementation and support
- Ability to analyze and optimize complex SQL queries and PLSQL code
- Experience administering MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Use EM, Confio Ignite, Toad and other tools to identify areas for optimization
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions and use good judgement
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on rotation schedule
- Understanding of software development processes and ability to work well with the development team
- Good written and oracle communication skills
- Familiarity with administering OBIEE, QlikSense or ElasticSearch is a plus
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.