Sr. Software Engineer
Sage Intacct delivers a highly scalable & performant financial management solution build on multi-tenant SaaS and PaaS models. Sage Intacct is built on a scalable, extensible platform that enables rapid application development. The Senior Software Engineers help to create these benefits and ensure that major projects build on and do not detract from the overall architecture.
The Senior Software Engineer will be supporting the design and developing the frameworks that constitute the Sage Intacct platform to enable high level of customization, flexibility, performance, scalability.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for supporting the development of major Sage Intacct features. The engineer will provide guidance to other engineers and support the overall process of development and delivery. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for coding standards, and overall consistency and quality of the final solution.
The Senior Software Engineers will understand the implications of major design decisions and will be responsible for highlighting important or difficult decisions, ensuring that the tradeoffs are considered. Where appropriate, a Senior Software Engineer will propose significant architectural changes; where appropriate, Senior Software Engineers will participate in the evaluation of others’ proposals.
Major features often involve a deep understanding of the financial and accounting implications of the changes that will result, including the impact on reports and usage.
- Design and development of major features
- Collaborate with Product Management and Operations to understand design and feature tradeoffs
- Design scalable and repeatable solutions within each major feature
- Present architectural recommendations to the Architecture Review Board
- Create functional specifications and design
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the features, including the creation and maintenance of test cases.
- BS or MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science
- Minimum 6+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing Internet applications
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing Object Oriented applications
- Strong Structured Query Language (“SQL”) skills and understanding of database/data modeling concepts, experience with Oracle is a plus
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- History of shipping high-quality, well-designed software products
- Strong communication skills.
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.