Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for managing and leading the design and development of Sage Intacct’s cloud based financial applications. The candidate should have strong technical lead experience along with experience in leading team for execution and drive the overall process of development and delivery.
Major features often involve a deep understanding of the financial and accounting implications of the changes that will result, including the impact on reports and usage.
- Work with Product Management to understand functional specifications and feature trade-offs.
- Work with software engineers and architects on major designs.
- Ensure the quality of the features, including the creation and maintenance of test cases along with automation and continuous integration deliverables.
- Interact with support team in addressing customer escalations
- Managing projects to ensure that they stay on schedule and budget
- Stimulate hiring, training, performance reviews and career plans for software engineering team
- Contribute and drive technical designs and at times requirements
- Help define and implement software development processes
- Facilitate software development team accomplish optimal team performance
- Assist removing technical obstacles, help enhance team processes, handle resource issues and interact with various members to assure sprint iteration and successful product release.
- Report on project schedule and progress on weekly basis
- Lead a team of extraordinary engineers by team building, mentoring, project and deliverable management
- Create a clear career path for your team members and help them grow
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation, motivate engineers to build innovative and effective systems rapidly
- Bachelors / Master’s in computer science, engineering or related degree. Master degree is a plus.
- 15+ years of software engineering experience with 3+ years of project and people management experience
- Excellent leadership skills working with and resolving people related issues, as well as technical challenges.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working with third party developer communities or partners for integrating API’s
- Experience building highly scalable, multi-tenant, reliable and performant platforms
- Experience with hosted or public cloud SAAS applications
- Excellent communication skills and close attention to detail
- History of shipping high-quality, well-designed software products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.