CPQ Business Analyst
The CPQ Business Analyst is responsible for engaging with colleagues across Sage to capture, analyze and document requirements for IT requests and projects related to our constantly evolving project roadmap, development, and support of our quote-to-cash process, and to uncover the gaps between strategic needs of business units, and their abilities to meet those needs, and to drive initiatives to fill those gaps. They will also serve as a liaison to help our sales organization run effectively and efficiently to support business strategies and objectives.
The CPQ Business Analyst will work closely with IT management and the wider business to ensure that requirements are understood, agreed and will form the basis of execution within IT. They will act as a bridge between operational and functional groups within business units to help IT members understand business objectives and help operationally and functionally oriented colleagues to understand technological solutions.
The CPQ Business Analyst will be responsible for functional and technical system design, documentation, optimization, administration, and customization of Salesforce CPQ and will also be responsible for responding to day-to-day change requests in support of business operations.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated Salesforce enthusiast, passionate about improving the end user experience, enjoys working with business stakeholders, and thrives on the challenge of solving complex business problems in a fast paced, rapidly growing organization.
- Deliver superior customer service to the Sage Medium Product Segment lines of business
- Work with Sales Operations, Order Operations, Legal and Revenue teams to understand Sage Medium Segment’s sales lifecycle and deal governance, and establish a framework for managing these items through our systems
- Act as project manager for localized change efforts that involve coordination across multiple teams and stakeholders, aligning and collaborating with Sage global project management teams where needed; ensure estimation and planning of efforts being undertaken and facilitate their prioritization
- Manage day-to-day needs, update user permissions, troubleshoot errors, configure product and pricing rules, advanced approvals, quoting templates, digital signatures, workflow routing, validation rules & triggers, improvements to user experience
- Maintain holistic view of all business processes and user types in the system to understand cross-functional impacts with regards to configuration, process, workflow, and reporting
- Work with cross-functional teams on optimizing upstream and downstream integration points such as lead life cycle, new business, add-ons, renewals, digital signatures, order processing, and provisioning
- Keep up to date with Salesforce CPQ releases, features and best practices to ultimately provide guidance to the business stakeholders as needed
- Proactively manage regular system maintenance, identify and resolve system issues, and drive improvements and data governance strategies, coordinate testing, upgrades, and configuration of both technical and functional system changes
- Work with development and QA teams throughout design, development, and testing activities; facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT), as needed
- Drive and enforce standard change management methodology within the IT team, working closely with business stakeholders, system administrators, other business analysts, developers, and QA colleagues
- Participate in ongoing CRM enhancement projects and enable technical and functional execution
- Produce business process maps, data models, business requirements, gap analysis, report specifications and other documentation as required for project analysis, planning, design, execution, and ongoing support
- Translate Salesforce CPQ technical concepts into comprehensible language for business stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to IT project and delivery frameworks; works within the IT project framework and helps to continuously improve the way in which the IT Business Analyst team works
- Owns personal development and seeks out opportunities for further development
- 3+ years of experience working with services or sales teams implementing CRM/CPQ projects, demonstrated by having led and successfully completed multiple end-to-end Salesforce CPQ implementations
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working as a Salesforce Administrator or Salesforce Developer
- CRM and Quote to Cash certifications and configuration experience including:
- Hands on experience with Salesforce/Steelbrick CPQ functionality including Product Setup, Product Options, Product Configuration & Rules, Pricing, Discounting, Quote Templates, Order Management, Contract Management and Amendments
- Expertise in Product Catalog, Pricing Configuration and new product introduction (NPI) CPQ set up
- Senior-level ability to creatively design Salesforce application solutions that meet business requirements while facilitating dialogue around design and scale trade-off recommendations
- Ability to view situations with both a business and technical lens
- Fundamental understanding of subscription-based businesses
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and adjust to changing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with all phases of enterprise systems application lifecycle
- Ability to provide accurate, detailed and timely planning and estimate artifacts of your work
- Experience working on a project team to ensure that Business Analysis artifacts align with the overarching delivery methodology
- Experience in analysis and modelling techniques (e.g., business processes mapping and user stories) on complex business problems
- Experience working within a Waterfall and Agile (e.g., Scrum) environment
- Attentive to detail, thorough in applying quality standards and understanding of best practices
- Owns personal development and seeks out opportunities for further development
- Excellent project planning and management skills
- Experience in IT related development and deployments
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator preferred:
- Workflows, process builders, reports/dashboards, validation rules, installing and integrating 3rd party applications (AppExchange), platform maintenance, deployments, communities, Sales Cloud/Service Cloud/CPQ
- Experience with Salesforce development (APEX, VisualForce, Lightning) and familiarity with enterprise development lifecycle concepts is preferred
- Experience working in Analytics / BI projects
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Project Management, Information Systems, Data Science, Business Administration, Finance or another quantitative field.
- Business Modelling / BPM / UML
- Certification in one or more of the following: Scrum/Agile, Project Management, Process Improvement
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.