Sr. API Technical Writer
As a member of the API writing team in the Documentation department, the Senior API Technical Writer will create content for Sage Intacct’s developer community while also shaping content strategy. Your audience will include a variety of external partners who are building innovative solutions that work with Sage Intacct. By documenting our platform, API, and SDKs, you’ll help developers extend Sage Intacct’s core functionality and integrate other systems with financial data in Sage Intacct.
The Senior API Writer will be customer-oriented, with a proven ability to write for a developer audience. Your focus will be on determining how to best support a developer’s ability to self-service their information needs, using a mixture of material ranging from “getting started” to detailed API reference. You’ll work with members of cross-functional teams, where you’ll use your background in content strategy and API documentation to contribute to the success of Sage Intacct developers.
- Create and maintain reference information for API functions and methods
- Help drive content strategy for developer information at Sage Intacct
- Create content that guides developers on getting started, sending and receiving requests between Sage Intacct and external systems, and extending the Sage Intacct application through our platform
- Research material through a combination of interviews with subject matter experts and hands-on experience with various APIs, SDKs, and development environments
- Ensure that API and Sage Intacct platform documentation is kept current with release updates
- Publish content, ensuring that material is accessible and available to developers
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- Minimum of 2 years writing for a developer audience
- Direct experience documenting APIs; experience with REST APIs a plus
- Understanding of Web services technologies and HTTP request-response protocol
- “Hands on” attitude and passion for technology, including comfort with basic scripting
- Ability to create basic code examples in one or more current programming/scripting languages
- Ability to create content plans and schedules, meeting milestones and deadlines
- Experience authoring in a variety of tools: Jekyll (markdown), Swagger, online help tools such as MadCap Flare, or comparable tools
- Strong portfolio of API reference and developer guide writing samples
- Financial application or accounting knowledge is a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.