Principal UX Researcher
The Sage Intacct UX team is looking to expand the strategic importance of user research across the Sage Intacct experience and is hiring a Principal UX Researcher.
The ideal candidate will have deep empathy for users, is analytical, and has had success evangelizing research findings to make insights actionable to drive product strategy and design for both new and existing products. The candidate should come with a large toolkit of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and expertise in applying the appropriate methodology for any given business objectives and project constraints. This candidate should also have a track record of leadership experiences driving UX research to the next level, initiating, planning, and executing large research initiatives, sharing, and publicizing turn-key research findings.
- Plan and execute user research in an agile development process using both qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis
- Collaborate with stakeholders including product managers, designers, engineering, documentation and analytics teams to create research proposals through understanding the business needs, research goals and target customers
- Identify and prioritize actionable results based on research. Communicate detailed research findings and ensure the insights are translated into actionable direction through presentations, posters, graphics, displays, workshops, wireframes, etc.
- Use a wide range of research methods, including ethnography/field research, participatory design, persona development, journey maps, interviews, concept testing, surveys, diary studies, usability studies, data analytics
- Apply usability heuristics and knowledge of current design best practices to evaluate new and existing features and offer viable suggestions for improvements
- Be a thought leader that mentors other user researchers and drives user research best practices across the organization
- Improve or establish new research processes, such as participant recruiting, results publishing, and an inventory of retrievable user data and insight
- Lead design-thinking and other workshops to continually increase customer empathy across the broader organization
- Proactively conduct strategic research to gather customer insights to inform future offerings
- 7+ years of work experience as a user experience researcher, preferably in financial or enterprise company
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Information Science, or in a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Proficiency with a breadth of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and ability to come up with creative research solutions as needed
- Outstanding interpersonal skills in conducting live/field interviews, as well as remote user studies
- Fluency in user-centered design best practices, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Exceptional observational skills to discover user motivations, obstacles, emotions, and needs beyond what is verbally communicated
- Experience with data analysis and how to meaningfully convey research findings/insights with details, clarity, objectivity, and transparency
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills with cross-functional teams and stakeholders; experience working in a collaborative team
- Experience with mentoring and/or management a plus
- Innate curiosity and deep empathy for customers
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.