Changing the way releases are done such that the customers don’t get surprised and the process is not onerous to slow the development. This job comes with more than a few perks – you get to be involved with the entire organization and rethink, innovate, and change the way the development and delivery process works.
The Release Manager is involved throughout the product development lifecycle, ensuring that the final product meets customer needs. The role is not post-development but is involved from the beginning to build new tools and process to enable continuous integration and have some fun along the way. The Release Manager is the ultimate team player and will be involved in multiple development efforts for each release cycle. He or she is the go-to person for dev-ops and will be a champion for process improvement.
- Automate release processes to eliminate manual work and human error
- Deliver tools and features to core operations and development teams
- Eliminate manual steps wherever you see them
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles
- Communicate plans and status; escalate issues as required
- Champion Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Drive the release planning process and define and manage a release calendar, release schedules and milestones
- Manage Releases
- Deliver a multi-year roadmap for the release and tools team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years of experience managing a DevOps, Release, or Tools automation team
- 5-8 years of experience with UNIX/Linux
- 5-8 years of experience with shell scripting
- Comfortable working with executives to deliver long term roadmaps
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for automation
- Solid understanding of the deployment pipeline including, source control systems, build automation, code analysis, and deployment
- Experience with build tools, build systems, and configuration management best practices in large multi-team, multi-product organizations
- Strong knowledge of Branching and Merging methodologies
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.