The Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and troubleshooting of Sage Intacct’s global network infrastructure. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong technical skills with switching, routing, firewall and wireless operations with a focus on security. Applicants will be highly motivated, organized, and able to work with distributed teams, while also capable of managing projects independently. This is an ideal job for a candidate who wants to work with the latest technologies in an exciting and challenging environment.
- Analyzing network errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service
- Analyze and configure VOIP network traffic to ensure high quality of service and high availability
- Formulating and implementing monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network management
- Manage and work with 3rdparty vendors to procure and maintain network devices, assist in cost analysis to ensure highest value to Sage Intacct
- Troubleshooting API and other system issues at a per-packet level via packet trace and sniffer analysis, including the troubleshooting of 3rd party data integration services and/or other Web-enabled solutions
- Participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis; this requires functional knowledge of all Sage Intacct network devices, domain controllers, VPN and subsystems outside of the networking layer in order to provide on-call support
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience, CCNP certification preferred
- 2+ years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, wireless, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working experience with Cisco ASA, Cisco switches, Dell N2000 and N3000 switches
- Experience with VPN remote access and PTP VPN tunnels
- Experience with the use and implementation of enterprise monitoring and management frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with WiFi standards and experience managing wireless network configurations
- Firewall/security experience (ACL, GRE/IPsec tunnels, FWSM, IDSM2, and secure remote access/management practices)
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls is a plus
- Familiar with one or more Linux OS and of the following monitoring tools: Zabbix, Nagios, PRTG
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree (computer science, business administration or related field) or equivalent experience
- Preferred certifications
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP
- Palo Alto Networks PCNSE
Recruitment Agency Policy
Sage Intacct does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Sage Intacct is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our HR Privacy Notice discusses the information we collect from applicants and how we use it.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Sage Intacct is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Sage Intacct will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Important E-Verify Information
As an equal opportunity employer, Sage Intacct is committed to a dynamic and diverse workforce. E-Verify Federal law requires Sage Intacct to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sage Intacct will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.