Front-End Web Developer
The Front-End Web Developer will provide strategic technical direction for marketing web channels in collaboration with all teams and departments. This role will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of technological techniques and innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization. The Front-End Web Developer will own feature development, construction and maintenance of our marketing web properties to achieve consistent, compelling experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with cross functional teams to coordinate and champion the cooperative creation of timely, accurate and engaging content on SAFE’s corporate website, affiliate sites and third-party websites.
- Build high quality, secure, and performant web pages according to specifications and time frames while still raising questions and seeking clarification as needed.
- Code web pages within an enterprise Content Management System (CMS) and third-party systems, tools and portals.
- Collaborate with creative teams across design and user experience, implementing and advising on fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines.
- Follow established coding standards and best practices and write readable, maintainable code.
- Quickly translate wireframes and designs into fully functional web pages and experiences.
- Manage a CMS and related processes, like site synchronizations, customizing templates and fields, site deploys in multiple server environment.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure CMS is functional, up-to-date and secure.
- Maintaining web best practices and perform quality assurance testing of site layout and presentation.
- Integrate marketing automation applications into a website environment, like Salesforce, SharePoint and other technologies.
- Uphold ADA and WCAG 2.0 web coding compliance.
- Act as a quality control agent to promote consistency of business line content and corporate branding standards while demonstrating eye for design, as well as, attention to detail.
- Research, develop, and execute digital marketing web solutions in to align with corporate strategy and objectives.
- Monitor and report on website key performance indicators.
- Stay up to date with the latest web development practices and technologies by attending webinars, thorough research, certifications, etc.
- 5 years of experience managing and maintaining enterprise Content Management Systems.
- 5 years of experience building responsive/mobile adaptive layouts.
- 2 years of experience with managing data files in XML, JSON and CSV and related code to display on web.
- Experience with Progress Sitefinity CMS is a big plus.
- Ability to interpret business and technical requirements and provide guidance during product planning and development.
- Ability to independently research answers and solutions to problem-solve everyday challenges.
- Be a great team player, who learns new systems quickly.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment centered on a culture of change.
- Positive attitude with an eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization and how to apply SEO principles in web development and assist with tagging for web tracking and analytics
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be a proficient developer (conceptualize, code and test quickly).
- Must have demonstrable web analytics tools knowledge.
- Ability to code and interpret SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and tools that drive content development, like Google Trends, Moz, Google Analytics or similar is a plus.
- Experience using CRM or marketing automation software tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and HubSpot, is a plus.
- Compulsive curiosity and eagerness to test and incorporate new tactics and tools.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and multiple priorities, exhibiting excellent organizational and time management skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or at least seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Technical certifications, certificate programs, and/or higher-level training are desired.
SAFE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer