Senior Director, Sales (Clinical AI & Analytics Services)
Work Location - Remote (From Home in USA)
Saama focuses on the specific needs of pharmaceutical & biotech companies, delivering transformative business outcomes. The combination of Saama’s AI research, advanced technical & analytics capabilities, domain expertise across the drug development & commercialization life cycle, and successful product co-development approach has made Saama a trusted partner and thought leader in the life sciences industry. We are committed to building a client success team of thought leaders and problem solvers who drive innovations and discoveries that leads to better pharma applications, better treatments, and a better future.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience selling innovative analytics & technology services & business solutions to senior IT and business executives in top 20 life sciences companies. The candidate will also have at least 2+ years of experience (in the last 5 years) selling clinical AI and analytics services to top 20 Pharma companies. The candidate should have an active roster of pharma clinical business and IT prospects at VP levels and higher who the candidate can call into. The candidate should have preferably sold into the clinical IT or clinical business groups in the following pharma companies in the last 3 years - Amgen, Bayer, Gilead, McKesson and Takeda.
- Pharma Client Executives (C-Suite, SVP/VP, Directors)
- Industry Thought Leaders in the areas of Pharma IT, Safety, Commercial and Clinical
- Sales/Pre-Sales Executives, Lead/Demand Generation teams.
- Product/Client Implementation Teams, Customer Success managers, Client Partners, Partner/Principals
- Operations support teams at Onsite and Offshore
- 10+ years of relevant experience in client relationship and engagement management roles (including client success roles) in data and analytics space for pharma clients.
- Experience in opening new pharma logos and closing large new deals with big pharma
- Owns a Revenue Target for the year and works with various internal teams (Sales/ Principals/ Delivery/ Practices/ Products/ Operations etc) to ensure that the targets are met
- Create and execute 30-60-90 day sales plans for the assigned portfolio that cover strategies to meet and exceed assigned targets
- Adequately showcase/ highlight Saama’s point-of-view to enable differentiated selling of Saama's clinical AI & analytics services
- Be the Point person for the client in case of any questions/concerns that might arise with respect to the overall relationship with Saama
- Work on being a ‘trusted advisor’ to the clients
- Be flexible to travel to client locations and to conferences on an as-needed basis
- Own and drive the sales process end-to-end from contact discovery & lead generation to deal pursuit & deal closure - with support from various Saama teams including demand generation team, marketing, pre-sales and BD