Lead Business Architect
Rulesware helps leading organizations achieve business transformation. We do it by developing and implementing strategic Pega applications that optimize business systems & processes. We ultimately help our clients to optimize their business processes, maximize efficiency, and ensure cost effectiveness.
We are proud to announce that in June of 2018 Rulesware received a prestigious Partner Award from Pega. We were recognized for Implementation Quality, something we hold near and dear to our hearts at Rulesware.
Rulesware CEO, Anthony Lee, said it best when he said, "I am thrilled that our team members' skills and dedication have been recognized by our software partner this year. I was told by Pega's Global Alliances team, that their customers and partners, as well as their employees doing work on-site, provided overwhelming praise for the quality of work Rulesware delivers, each and every day. I couldn't be more proud."
Rulesware is currently looking for an experienced Lead Business Architect to join our team.
Rulesware is not just another Pega delivery firm. We deliver the highest quality Pega projects on time and on budget. Here’s what we often hear from new colleagues regarding their work experiences previous to joining Rulesware:
- I worked long hours each week with seemingly no end to it because we were fighting fires on a poor implementation
- We struggled to deliver on Pega projects because we didn’t use the Pega tools to validate our work
- My previous company’s approach was to do what the client wanted rather than consult with the client to determine the right solution
- The Pega knowledge on the teams where I participated was weak and caused additional work for me to resolve
- My previous employer was more interested in driving revenue than doing the right thing for the customer
Here are a few of the things that make us different:
- We don’t sub out people to other partners
- We don’t do staff augmentation
- We don’t sell a project without already having the staff available for the project
- We use the Pega tools to size a project and to ensure project integrity
- Simply put, we get it right the first time, on time and on budget
- We work to live, not live to work. The people in our lives are what’s more important to us.
Rulesware’s success delivering Pega implementations is unsurpassed in the Pega community. We are extremely proud of our reputation for delivering world-class quality implementations on-time and on-budget. Our emphasis on nimble, common-sense solutions helps us to effectively apply the specialized knowledge of our experienced team. To reap the substantial benefits of a business transformation solution like Pega, you need to work with a team that that has the experienced in-house talent to ensure excellence. We’ve got it at Rulesware, and we do it right the first time.
If you want to be part of quality implementations and be recognized for the great work you do .. Rulesware is for you.
**Rulesware is not currently sponsoring for this role**
Lead Business Architect role requirements and key responsibilities include:
- Work with clients to elicit and document business requirements using industry best practices in facilitation, documentation, and management of requirements, leveraging industry standard tools..
- Guide clients and team members through the process of designing solutions that deliver expected business value while maximizing use of BPM/ CRM/ Business Transformation best practices. Listen closely to customer needs, develop thoughtful recommendations, and effectively explain your rationale in order to steer clients towards an optimal solution.
- Participate in and drive project scoping discussions by eliciting high-level process milestones and feature-level details to support formation of project roadmaps, sizing estimates, user story maps, and other project baseline artifacts, as requested by project leadership.
- Demonstrate a professional level of comfort using various facilitation techniques such as whiteboarding and use of visual aids (sticky notes, wall posters). Be equally confident when facilitating in person or with a geographically-dispersed team.
- Understand, document, and model the customer’s business process, business requirements, and business rules. Translate these items into requirements artifacts such as process diagrams, use cases, user stories, or functional specifications.
- Be responsible for high-quality development deliverables, understanding that good code starts with good requirements. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements are written thoroughly, are fully understood by all team members, and are tested properly.
- Take ownership of product demonstrations and other client-facing activities to help translate technical concepts into business terms.
- When required, oversee other Business Architect resources within your project team. Delegate work to ensure those team members are fully engaged and have opportunities to grow their careers. Provide hands-on guidance and mentoring throughout your project.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and execution of a requirements management plan. Actively own the organization and input of requirements using the appropriate tools.
- Create and manage requirements artifacts using best practices for change management, such as traceability, version control and change control.
- Effectively work with clients to deliver user interface requirements such as wireframes or screen mock-ups.
- Under guidance of the Lead System Architect (LSA), design and configure rules and flows and assist with draft user interface and draft process flow development.
- Elicit and model data requirements, using tools such as a Data Flow diagram or UML modeling, to help the business visualize data and integration requirements.
Desired Education, Certification and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of technology implementation experience in a customer-facing environment
- Exposure to multiple project methodologies; Agile/Scrum preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in BPM solutioning; Pega software is preferred
- Pega Certified Business Architect and/or Pega Certified DCO Architect is preferred
- Project experience that spans from beginning to end of the project
- Leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt to diverse target audiences
This role requires 80% travel. You must be willing and able to travel Monday through Thursday to client sites based in North America. You may be located anywhere in the US to assume this role, but should have access to a major airport.