- Helping engineers build a great team.
- Ensuring that engineers’ work is smooth, efficient and satisfying.
- Removing any organizational obstacles during the development process.
- Optimizing structure, processes and best practices within the engineering teams, as well as at the junction of the engineering teams and the rest of the organization.
- Optimizing communication within engineering teams, as well as between engineering teams and the rest of the organization.
- Helping engineering teams keep focus on the stuff that matters.
- Overseeing execution of complex, cross-team projects.
- Ensuring quality, security and compliance of the product (in cooperation with relevant persons/teams).
- Ensuring smooth 24/7 operations with technical measures (redundancy, automatic failover, early detection etc...) and/or organizational measures (alerting, pager duty, emergency handling procedures etc…).
- Engaging closely with product management and other teams/people to ensure strategy, tactics and execution of all development activities that brings the most value (in the short- and long-term).
- Getting your hands dirty with everyday software development (writing code and tests, deploying changes, monitoring production, fixing stuff etc…). Part-time and out of the critical path, but still.
- Building blameless, but fact-driven culture of constant self-improvement. Quickly and precisely identifying failures and learning from them (retrospections, post-mortems etc…)
- Overseeing technical recruitment (materials, processes, monitoring, employer branding activities, building relationships with key targets etc…).
- Improving tool sets used by the engineering teams in order to maximize efficiency.
- Managing potential conflicts within the team and/or organization.
- Finding ways to improve the “bus factor”.
- Helping engineers grow and develop professionally.
- Cooperation with external vendors (servers, data centers etc…).
- Public appearances at conferences, events, press etc...
- Organizing/initiating team-building activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of software development processes.
- Strong technical skills, previous experience in a software engineer role.
- Formal education in Computer Science or any other related, technical field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Why RTB House?
- Great people!
- Very attractive salary!
- Extremely flexible working hours!
- Perfect office location (10 meters from Wierzbno Metro Station)!
- Interesting project (large, complex, performance oriented, with cool tech stack)!