Senior Systems Engineer--Network / Compute
Senior Systems Engineer—Network / Compute
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day management of our managed services customer's environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain customer Network infrastructure with a focus on Palo Alto and Fortinet products.
- Perform baseline network administration tasks including but not limited to Configuration Management, Inventory Management, and Capacity Management
- Perform incident management on wide variety of issues impacting Network and Collaboration infrastructure or that are result of failure in its operation
- Performs adds, moves, and changes on Network infrastructure within expected SLAs
- Execute Network infrastructure maintenance processes as required by customer
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout, and performance tuning of the managed Network infrastructure
- Build and maintain documentation for customer Network infrastructure.
- Perform periodic review of customer Network infrastructure, completing documentation and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide support and cross-training to both customer IT staff and internal team members on managed solutions to ensure resilient support model
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise Routing and Switching technologies.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- Strong background with operational administration of Palo Alto, Fortinet, and Cisco products
- Senior engineering skills or architect level experience with VPN technologies
- Experience with multiple enterprise data network solutions including LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, Firewalls, Wireless and Cloud topologies
- Strong background with operational administration of Network Management Systems
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure networking principals
- Deep knowledge of AAA framework and experience with operational administration of RADIUS and TACACS+ infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Palo Alto PCNSA / PCNSE desired
- Fortinet NSE 4 Professional