Data Center Architect
Data Center Architect
RoundTower Technologies primary goal is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Our service delivery consultants and architects deliver migrations, hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The RoundTower Professional Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The Data Center Architect will work under the Services team to help create service offerings around private cloud, automation, and orchestration for customers. He or she will work with Account Teams, Sales Engineers, and Consulting Systems Engineers to create scalable and reliable solutions for our customers.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Work with customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions.
- Evangelize RoundTower’s vision and platform for a multi-cloud world and offer hands on experience delivering these outcomes for our customers.
- Run customer facing workshops to develop the Cloud requirements and design and document these for customer review and approval.
- Develop detailed blueprint specifications that allow for repeatable delivery of solutions. Integration with 3rd party software products like (Infoblox, Active Directory, Service Now, etc) via RESTAPI is integral to this work.
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
- Up to 50% of travel
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Excellent architecture expertise with in-depth understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tier applications running on both Windows and Linux.
- Ability to whiteboard solutions interactively with customers and develop robust architectural documentation.
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration application stacks and frameworks (e.g. VMware vCO, Azure Pack, Azure Stack, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, or Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator)
- Understanding of architecture and use cases for configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and SALT Stack.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure technologies such as Converged Solutions from Dell EMC, VxRail/VxRack, VxFlexOS, Nutanix, Simplivity, Cisco HyperFlex. Experience with Data Center Networking, and traditional Storage technologies such as Dell EMC (PowerMax, and/or midrange), NetAPP, Pure Storage, Nimble, DellEMC Isilon
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure, GCP.
- Experience developing scalable cloud microservices using container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere
- Experience in network virtualization technologies (e.g. NSX or ACI)
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.