Offering Manager--Nashville, Cincinnati, or Dallas Preferred
As an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements.
An Offering Manager has two primary responsibilities: (1) defining the new offering(s) to be built; and (2) managing its development, launch, and ongoing improvement.
To fulfill these responsibilities, an Offering Manager influences the actions of diverse cross-functional team as the market authority, acting as a "General Manager" for their scope of the business.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Offering Manager provides detailed direction on key technical and marketing tasks to launch an offering feature, offering, or collection of offerings in the portfolio.
- Accountable for key outcome metrics, including customer satisfaction, accessibility and revenue and profitability of assigned offering.
- Performs or commissions analysis to identify needs and quantify opportunity. Has regular meetings with practice management, sales leadership, target market customers and prospects to gather market requirements and develops an understanding of the competitive landscape and key market influencers inclusive of offering capabilities, consume-ability, and go-to-market strategies.
- Articulates market problems to the virtual offering team. Leads resources across different business to translate prioritized market requirements to development plans (e.g., via personas, use cases, user stories, and/or market requirements documents), helping to define a differentiated offering.
- Works collaboratively with Practice Managers, architects, developers/engineers, and key customers to appropriately package features into offering releases and ensure offering designs reflect business objectives (e.g., by creating quarterly roadmaps, monthly release plans).
- Regularly participates in overall functional program planning (e.g., for offering content, usability, schedule, and quality).
- Drives customer validation through beta programs and client meetings, confirming requirements are addressed by the delivered solution.
- Demonstrates offering capabilities and value proposition to external stakeholders (customers, partners, and analysts), analyzing feedback to identify potential gaps or opportunities and make recommendations on how to address them.
- Negotiates offering contracts with development teams, drives cross-functional collaborative efforts to meet offering schedule commitments, and actively manages the plan of delivery including associated risks. Provides ongoing technical and or operational guidance to lead professional work teams.
- Converts technical positioning into key market messages for offering launch. Confirms that marketing communications articulate the value proposition for key features and are developed and delivered in a digitally consumable way.
- Works with development and marketing to deliver digital assets in support of the offering marketing and digital engagement, such as interactive demos, trials/evals, and user forums/communities. Confirms that sales execution plans are in place. Works with enablement to plan continuous learning programs for sales team and partners and to guide creation of enablement assets (conversation guides, competitor overviews), tools, and technical assets (offering architectures). Identifies offering references for industry and customer referrals. Monitors the sales process.
- Works with legal to create a standard offering contract that is simple for customers and meets all purchasing requirements. Works with development and marketing to ensure user analytics are appropriately embedded, tracked, and analyzed. Addresses serviceability issues with the offering and customer challenges.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Well-versed in industry trends in X
- At least 5 years Offering or Product Management Experience, or equivalent
- Experience in technology Consulting, Implementation and Managed Services
- Knowledge of X and deep understanding of the following:
- X market
- X technologies and Offerings:
- Good understanding of industry offerings and RoundTower competitors
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with both technical professionals and executives.
- Capable of translating detailed technical issues to business-relevant concepts.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
Ability to work well independently or within a team, particularly cross-functional teams
- Experience working and managing with the Agile project management methodology.
- An excitement for learning and staying up-to-date with technology.