Senior Engineer--Cloud & DevOps
Senior Engineer – Cloud & DevOps
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology. We are currently looking for an experienced Engineer – Cloud & DevOps. This role provides external support for RoundTower clients during service engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute practice service offerings. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs, and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
- Direct delivery ownership of assigned Cloud & DevOps engagements including design, implementation, and support.
- Drive the continuous improvements of our Practice Methodology and Service Offerings based on client experiences.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Evaluate and foster new partner products and solution capabilities within the Cloud & DevOps practice portfolio.
- Assist with delivery readiness and training for Cloud & DevOps offerings.
Capabilities – some subset of the below:
- Ability to perform architecture, implementation, support, and / or migration of Cloud platforms, specifically VMware Cloud on AWS (e.g. VMC on AWS).
- Ability to perform implementation, support, and / or migration of Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
- Ability to perform implementation, support, and / or migration to DevOps toolsets (e.g. Automation, Configuration Management, Containers, CI/CD, Source Control).
- Ability to create custom automation integration using tools such as VMware vRealize Automation, Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
Experience/Certifications – some subset of the below:
- Proven experience with Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions, including those within Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware.
- Proven experience with DevOps solutions, including tools such as Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Diamanti, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Pivotal, AppDynamics, and others.
- Experience with VMware’s SDDC solutions, including VMware vRealize Automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into business proposals.
- Develop overall virtualization solutions including high level designs, Statements of Work, and creating bills of materials.
BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience
RT017, RT018, RT208