Senior Architect, Cloud / DevOps - AWS
Sr. Cloud and DevOps Architect -AWS
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology.
We are currently looking for a hands-on experienced Sr. Cloud and DevOps Architect within our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This role provides support for RoundTower clients during Professional Services engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute Professional Services offerings, along with architecting and building automated tools to increase efficiency in those offerings. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be AWS cloud optimized.
- Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development, and infrastructure teams.
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist.
- Advising and implementing AWS cloud best practices.
- Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
- Ability to perform implementation, support, and / or migration to DevOps toolsets (e.g. Automation, Configuration Management, Containers, CI/CD, Source Control).
- Development of custom automation based on client needs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Apply and create best practices in multiple technical domains using AWS and third party technology products.
- Guide customers appropriately following the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 40% within the eastern US time zones.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 9 or more years of IT implementation experience, with at least 5 of those years hands on implementing AWS services
- 6+ years of hands on programing skills in any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, .NET or Scala
- 5+ years creating reference architectures, implementation and system design, and C-level technical reports and presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Proven experience with AWS Native automation solutions, including services such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS EC2 Systems Manager, and AWS CodeStar.
- Curious mindset with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- 5+ years in Application design and refactoring into SaaS or microservices
- 5+ years proven experience with DevOps solutions, including tools such as Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift, Rancher, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, AppDynamics, and others.
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Agile software development expert
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- One or more certifications (AWS Professional Certifications, Kubernetes CKA)