Senior Systems Engineer--Storage (Managed Services)
Senior Systems Engineer
As a systems engineer on the Managed Services team of RoundTower Technologies, the ideal candidate will have the knowledge and experience to work in any number of technologically diverse environments. The candidate would be focused on storage and involved with day-to-day operations to ensure delivery of service to customers and the continued success of RoundTower Technologies.
- Manages and maintains the customer storage environment on a daily basis.
- Helps the customer troubleshoot storage related issues.
- Performs adds/moves/changes within expected SLAs.
- Executes necessary infrastructure maintenance and migration processes as required by customer.
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the managed infrastructure.
- Documents environment and provides as-built documentation to customer.
- Perform periodic review of environment, along with remediation plan(s) to customer to ensure proper expectations are set and met within timelines.
- Support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers on managed solutions.
- Periodic travel for on-site customer meetings
- 5+ years administrating storage in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrable experience managing storage devices from EMC, NetApp, Pure and/or HDS
- Demonstrable experience managing storage area networks on either Cisco or Brocade san switches
- Demonstrable experience with both SAN and NAS protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Working knowledge of AIX, VMware, and Windows Servers from a storage provisioning, multi-pathing and troubleshooting perspective.
- Basic knowledge of cloud storage models and providers
- Scripting experience with automation and monitoring
- Industry recognized technical certifications
WORK SCHEDULE / LOCATION
- M-F 8:30AM to 5:30PM ET
- Periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance activities
- Rotating 24x7 Weekly On-Call Schedule
- Occasional travel to work sites or business events may be required