Systems Engineer--Data Center Infrastructure / Operating Systems
Systems Engineer--Data Center Infrastructure--Operating Systems
RoundTower is seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic and self-motivated, hands-on individual who wants to excel and be challenged. Individuals who join our team will be part of a Managed Services organization that is committed to excellence and proactively delivers a dynamic and evolving set of core service and innovative technologies to our customers.
- Work with a local and dispersed team of administrators and engineers to support infrastructure and operating systems to RoundTower customers.
- Contribute to our evolution and growth by sharing key knowledge with the internal team.
- Provide daily support on incoming tickets and phone calls in a professional, customer focus manner.
- Troubleshoot escalated issues for server environments.
- Innovate, create, make decisions and problem solve to push growth and better support RoundTower’s customers.
- Manage software requirements for recurring server, desktop and mobile patching for customer environments.
- Provide guidance and insight in technical discussions with customers.
- Experience in deploying and managing Intune, SCCM, or Kaseya or similar software management role, multi-customer environment preferred.
- Ability to determine and implement appropriate course of action for IT related issues.
- Oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Experience working with clients in the financial industry preferred
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Networking, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- A+ certification, or equivalent experience required; Network+, Security +, and Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment; ITIL Certification preferred.
- Understanding of technologies, including compute infrastructure, cloud, networking, virtualization, storage, data protection and VDI
- Analytical, relationship builder, change advocate, diplomacy, self-starter, planning and organization skills.
- Integrity, enthusiastic, respectful, accountable, achieves excellence, and consistently delivers quality service to team members and customers alike.
- Successful experience with and affinity for professional business environments.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic work environment.