Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary owner of Network Design / Architecture & Planning Workstreams
- Responsible for leading customer workshops - capturing key outputs and inputs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining high-level and low-level design elements and artifacts throughout engagements
- Maybe involved as Technical Design Authority for largest projects to ensure integrity between delivery & design.
- Escalation leadership & support (for critical projects)
- Oversight of new technologies enablement across delivery teams
- Responsible for defining and maintaining standards across Network practice and architecture function across RT
- Ability to present technical concepts to leadership and non-technical stake holders in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Serve as the technical point of contact for internal and external customers
- Provide design, migration, implementation and deployment services / guidance
- Contribute to the development of Bills of Materials for product quoting\ordering
- Develop professional documentation, operating guides, high level and low-level design documents
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades
- Work closely with Project and Services Management staff to exceed customer expectations while ensuring alignment with agreements
- Responsible for installation, integration, support and configuration of the products and technologies listed below.
- Responsible for consultation and design of solutions involving the products and technologies in the RTT portfolio
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written & oral communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Design, install and deploy network infrastructure, wireless infrastructure and route/switch.
- Cisco Routing & Switching (CCIE level or equivalent skill and experience)
- Cisco Data Center (CCIE level or equivalent skill and experience)
- Deploying Cisco networks utilizing industry best practices
- Experience in WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS, DMVPN)
- Deployable skills in infrastructure engineering / 10+ yrs. network engineering experience
- Deployment hands on experience with the technologies listed above
HIGHLY PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Candidates must have experience and capability in two or more of the following technologies:
- Cisco ACI
- VMware NSX
- Cisco SDA (DNA Center)
- SD-WAN (CloudGenix/Viptela/Velocloud)