Senior Cloud and DevOps Architect
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology.
We are currently looking for a hands-on experienced Sr. Cloud and DevOps Architect within our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This role provides support for RoundTower clients during Professional Services engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute Professional Services offerings; architecting and building automated tools to increase efficiency in those offerings. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development, and infrastructure teams.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist.
- Perform implementation, support, and / or migration of Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure).
- Perform implementation, support, and / or migration to DevOps toolsets (e.g. Automation, Configuration Management, Containers, CI/CD, Source Control, IaC).
- Drive customer workshops by defining key members, building agendas, questionnaires, and collateral for requirements gathering and assessments.
- Analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Evaluate and foster new partner products and solution capabilities within the Cloud & DevOps practice portfolio.
- Assist with delivery readiness and training for Cloud & DevOps offerings.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Continuously improve existing and new offerings by generating and updating processes, methods, and corresponding collateral.
- Conducting training, code / design reviews, inspection processes, and mentoring for peers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and become a leader able to lead customers in best practices.
- 4+ years creating reference architectures, implementation and system design, and C-level technical reports and presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least 2 years of experience in a client facing role.
- Curious mindset with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 9 or more years of IT implementation experience, with at least 4 of those years hands on implementing AWS or Azure services
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 40% within the eastern and central US time zones.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- 2+ years in Application design and refactoring into SaaS or microservices
- 4+ years proven experience with DevOps solutions, including tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, AppDynamics, and others.
- Agile software development expert
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- One or more certifications (AWS Professional Certifications, Azure Professional Certifications, CKA, DCA, etc) in Cloud and DevOps related technologies.