Senior Systems Engineer--Network / Compute
Senior Systems Engineer—Network / Compute
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day management of our managed services customer's environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure daily
- Perform baseline network administration tasks including but not limited to Configuration Management, Inventory Management, and Capacity Management
- Perform incident management on wide variety of issues impacting Network and Collaboration infrastructure or that are result of failure in its operation
- Performs adds, moves, and changes on Network and Collaboration infrastructure within expected SLAs
- Execute Network and Collaboration infrastructure maintenance and migration processes as required by customer
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the managed Network and Collaboration infrastructure
- Build and maintain documentation for customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure.
- Perform periodic review of customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure, completing documentation and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide support and cross-training to both customer IT staff and internal team members on managed solutions to ensure resilient support model
- Periodic travel for on-site customer meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise Routing and Switching technologies.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- Strong background with operational administration of Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco ASAs
- Strong background with operational administration of VPN technologies (RA-VPN/DMVPN/L2L)
- Experience with more than two enterprise LAN and WAN topologies
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration infrastructure
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of controller-based wireless infrastructure
- Strong background with operational administration of Network Management Systems
- Deep knowledge of AAA framework and experience with operational administration of RADIUS and TACACS+ infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of Riverbed Steelhead infrastructure a plus
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of QoS technologies a plus