Managed Security (SOC), Team Lead
The Managed Security Team Lead role is responsible for the 24x7x365 support, supervision, and coordination of Managed Security Tier 1 & Tier 2 personnel and processes. The Managed Security Team Lead will work with the Managed Security Manager to train, coach, and mentor personnel with regards to technical issues, security controls, and operational growth. The Managed Security Team Lead will ensure processes and policies are established and enforced and establish and maintain metrics that demonstrate security value for our clients. This position will be focused on operation and innovation around key business applications and tools, ensuring excellent delivery of service to customers and the continued success of RoundTower Technologies
Technical Team Lead Duties:
- Supervises, guides, motivates, coaches, and mentors team members
- Organizes and delegates workload for the team
- Assigns resource to customers
- Manages Utilization
- Maintains, updates, and manages team processes and associated documentation in conjunction with manager of managed security
- Collaborates with Service Account Managers team to define and manage the specific process items (alerting processes, individual technical requirements, unique data source management, etc.) of each individual customer
- Monitors work and performs quality control / assurance
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- “Point of Contact” for urgent and critical customer escalations
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Serves as an escalation point for the team with questions and provides help where needed
- Reports to management on team and customer status
- Responsible for Technology Governance in their Area of Expertise
- Develops technical Policy, Process, and Procedure for specific area
- Contributes to development of department wide policy, process, and procedure.
- Assists Management during sales cycle in assessing capability and effort
- Defines Training Path for Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- High level of oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Experience in security device management and SIEM (AlienVault and Splunk)
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism, and welcoming characteristics.
- Experience in threat management
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address security threats against the same.
- Working knowledge of common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.) and basic endpoint security principles
- The ability to think creatively to find elegant solutions to complex problems
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives.
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards, and documentation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in performing vendor management
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- Track record of strong leadership
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Security, Incident Response, etc.
- Desired Educational and Certification Qualifications: CISSP, GCIH, GMON, GSEC, PMP