Senior Cloud and DevOps Engineer
Sr. Cloud and DevOps Engineer
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology.
We are currently looking for a hands-on experienced Sr. Cloud and DevOps Engineer within our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This role provides support for RoundTower clients during Professional Services engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute Professional Services offerings, along with architecting and building automated tools to increase efficiency in those offerings. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Implementing, supporting, and / or migrating of applications (lift and shift, refactor) onto Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, and / or Google).
- Implementing, supporting, and / or migrating to DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Development of custom automation based on client needs.
- Analyzing and interpreting performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Advising and implementing best practices in multiple technical domains using AWS and third party technology products.
- Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 25% within the eastern US time zones.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 3 – 5 years of IT implementation experience in AWS services.
- 2+ years creating reference architectures, implementation, and system design documentation.
- 2+ years experience supporting customers by building and managing enterprise-scale DevOps platforms, including code repositories, automated build and testing tooling, automated deployment tooling, containerization technologies, and general automation of infrastructure, provisioning, and configuration management functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Curious mindset with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- 3+ years developing enterprise software in agile or waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with Rancher, CloudFormation, TerraForm, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes in production environments.
- Proven experience with AWS Native automation solutions, including services such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS EC2 Systems Manager, and AWS CodeStar.
- One or more cloud certifications (AWS Professional Certifications, Kubernetes CKA, etc).