Consulting Systems Engineer--Data Protection
The RoundTower Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE) – Data Protection combines deep technical expertise with a sharp understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through RoundTower partner products and RoundTower solutions. The CSE is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the deep dive expert in their field. Thought leadership in Data Protection both on-prem and in the public cloud is a must.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Data Protection solutions from RoundTower, serving as a Solutions Architect and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design Modern Data Center solutions, with specific expertise in Data Protection solutions and strategies, both on-premises and Cloud based and/or Cloud integrated.
- Influence go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Love for solving complex problems
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to see opportunities and sell RoundTower Solutions
- Ability to foster partner relationships to increase sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and RoundTower SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain partner solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Data Protection, Infrastructure, and Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Strong experience selling and architecting Enterprise Data Protection solutions from vendors such as NetApp, EMC, HP, Dell or startups operating in the Enterprise Data Protection space such as Cohesity, Rubrik, Veeam and others.
- Experience growing products from early adopter customers to the late majority is a plus
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience with public cloud technologies is a must.
- Experience in design, architecture and deploying Complex deployments
- Thorough understanding of multiple infrastructure technology areas of Virtualization, Platform Performance/Sizing, Networking/Storage, Compute, Data Protection
- ·Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Ability to travel within the Eastern United States as required
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and cross functional teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology