Consulting Systems Engineer--Modern Data Center
The RoundTower Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE) – Modern Data Center combines deep technical expertise with a sharp understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through RoundTower partner products and RoundTower solutions. The CSE is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the deep dive expert in their field.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt solutions from RoundTower, serving as a Solutions Architect and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design Modern Data Center solutions, with specific expertise in Data Protection solutions and strategies, both on-premises and Cloud based and/or Cloud integrated.
- Influence go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Love for solving complex problems
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to see opportunities and sell RoundTower Solutions
- Ability to foster partner relationships to increase sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and RoundTower SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain partner solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Appliance and Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Strong experience selling and architecting Enterprise Data Protection solutions from vendors such as NetApp, EMC, HP, Dell or startups operating in the Enterprise Data Protection space
- Experience growing products from early adopter customers to the late majority is a plus
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies is a must.
- Experience in design, architecture and deploying Complex deployments
- Thorough understanding of multiple infrastructure technology areas of Virtualization, Platform Performance/Sizing, Networking/Storage, Compute, Data Protection
- Deep understanding of Data Protection technologies from vendors such as DellEMC, Rubrik, Cohesity, Veeam, Commvault
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Ability to travel within the Eastern United States as required
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and cross functional teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology