Network Administrator, Managed Services Operations
RoundTower Technologies is a Data Center Infrastructure partner, providing clients with the resources and insight to overcome any technical obstacle, enabling business agility and success. Combining innovative technologies with documented best practices, our highly trained technical team will help you assess, design, implement and run your next-generation environment. ...
RoundTower Technologies is a Data Center Infrastructure partner, providing clients with the resources and insight to overcome any technical obstacle, enabling business agility and success. Combining innovative technologies with documented best practices, our highly trained technical team will help you assess, design, implement and run your next-generation environment.
We have experienced phenomenal growth and we are currently looking for a Network Administrator for our Operations Center located at our Corporate HQ in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our Network Administrators are a valued member of the Managed Services team responsible for Tier 2 incident management, service request management and change management infrastructure support for all Managed Services customers.
- Performs in-depth troubleshooting of Cisco network and Voice Network devices in the Round Tower and customer environments
- Performs troubleshooting with carriers and vendors regarding network hardware and circuit issues
- Perform UCCX related troubleshooting for RTT and customer phone system incidents
- Implement change records to permanently fix outstanding network issues
- Utilizes a variety of technology tools and procedures to respond and resolve internal and external customer issues
- Ensure that all Service Now incident tickets, change records and service requests are fully documented, planned, resolved, and/or executed on time and per the customer’s expectations and within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Communicates frequently with RTT engineers/architects, Team Leads, customers, and hardware/software vendors during incident resolution
- Will create and maintain KB process documentation for change management planning and troubleshooting purposes
- Communicate, internally and externally, the status of the incident ticket/service request directly with the customer or broadcast to a larger audience as defined per SLA.
- Manage service requests ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Assist with cross training of other Tier 2 team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of network operations experience in supporting medium to large scale network environments, including any of the following:
- Hands on experience Cisco routers, switches, firewalls – to include configuration changes via CLI
- Cisco UCCX and CUCM administration
- Hands on experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers
- VPN/remote access support
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with an ITIL based ticketing system tool – Service Now helpful
- Experience with IT monitoring tools and technologies (LogicMonitor, CA Unicenter, Solar Winds, etc)
Certifications and Licenses:
The following certification is required:
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills; be adept at communicating with all levels of technical and non-technical people
- Ability to understand the Customer’s business objectives
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks/troubleshoot with a sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Ability to articulate and speak with clear voice
- Team player
- Professional code of conduct
- Ability to deal with stress
- Good writing techniques
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.