AHEAD is an industry-leading, digital transformation solution provider. We partner with our customers and the world’s most admired brands to accelerate innovation, improve operations, and adopt new ways of working and new approaches to technology delivery. Our solutions empower our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Ahead is searching for a Network Engineer to be a part of our Managed Services team. Candidates are eager to learn, customer focused, an effective communicator, self-initiating and can perform most tasks without direct oversight. The Network Engineer will report to and receive direction from the Network & Voice Team Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide enterprise-level operational support to Managed Services customers for incident and problem management activities, including:
- Fault isolation, troubleshooting, and resolution support for critical customer network issues.
- Work with the systems team to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate customer application issues
- Network performance monitoring to ensure system availability and reliability
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitoring of system resource utilization, trends, and capacity planning
- Working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to network infrastructure
- Maintain customer network and voice infrastructure
- Perform baseline network and voice administration including MACDs related to firewall, routing, switching, IPSEC, WLAN, ACL, NAT
- Perform baseline administration of VoIP, ISDN, Analog or PTSN as well as IVRs
- Perform incident management on wide variety of issues impacting network and voice infrastructure or that are result of operational failure
- Perform adds, moves, and changes on network and voice infrastructure within expected SLAs
- Execute network and voice infrastructure maintenance processes as required by customer
- Performs troubleshooting with carriers and vendors regarding network hardware and circuit issues
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the managed network and voice infrastructure
- Build and maintain documentation for customer network and voice infrastructure
- Perform periodic review of customer network and voice infrastructure, completing documentation and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Provide support and cross-training to team members on managed solutions to ensure resilient support model
- Communicate, internally and externally, the status of the incident ticket/service request directly with the customer or broadcast to a larger audience as defined per SLA.
- Manage service requests ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Assist with cross training of other Tier 2 team members as needed
- Work cross-functionally to foster knowledge sharing for AHEAD’s technical teams.
- Collaborate with client, vendor, and Implementation Engineers/Architects on assigned projects
- Manage and prioritize requests while maintaining transparent communication
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Completion of a training plan and certifications as agreed upon by management
- Continuous education to include dedicated training, course work, and lab work
Qualifications/ Technology Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related field. Unique education, specialized experience, skills, knowledge, training, or certification may be substituted for education
- Minimum of 9 years of related experience
- Minimum of two industry associate certification required: Cisco (CCNA), Fortinet (NSE4); Palo Alto and AWS certifications are a plus
- Strong knowledge of enterprise networking technologies
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, Cisco, Fortinet, Dell, and Palo Alto networking technologies:
- Layer 2 & 3 protocols
- Enterprise LAN, SD-WAN, WAN topologies
- Managed Services or consulting experience is a plus
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general technical best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation
- Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs