The Systems Engineer Virtualization is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of our managed services customer’s environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and maintains the customer virtual environment on a daily basis.
- Helps the customer troubleshoot virtualization related issues.
- Performs adds/moves and changes within expected SLAs.
- Executes necessary infrastructure maintenance and migration processes as required by customer.
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the managed infrastructure.
- Documents environment and provides as-built documentation to customer.
- Perform periodic review of environment, along with remediation plan to customer to ensure proper expectations are set and met within timelines.
- Support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers on managed solutions.
- Periodic travel for on-site customer meetings.
- Perform daily health checks of customer’s infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience with VMware products including desktop virtualization and application deployment.
- Familiarity with VMware View (configuration and management).
- Familiarity with SRM (configuration and management).
- Familiarity with Zerto/other BCDR tools.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience