Senior Cloud and DevOps Engineer
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology.
We are currently looking for a hands-on experienced Sr. Cloud and DevOps Engineer within our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This role provides support for RoundTower clients during Professional Services engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute Professional Services offerings; design and build automated tools to increase efficiency in those offerings, provide support for assessments, design and implement solutions with container technology, and leverage their skills for cloud migrations. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development, and infrastructure teams.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Implementing, supporting, and / or migrating of applications (lift and shift, refactor) onto Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure).
- Implementing, supporting, and / or migrating to DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Development of custom automation based on client needs.
- Perform implementation, support, and / or migration to DevOps toolsets (e.g. Automation, Configuration Management, Containers, CI/CD, Source Control, IaC).
- Analyzing and interpreting performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Advising and implementing best practices in multiple technical domains including DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, HashiCorp tools, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.
- Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
- Evaluate and foster new partner products and solution capabilities within the Cloud & DevOps practice portfolio.
- Conducting training, code / design reviews, inspection processes, and mentoring for peers.
- Assist with delivery readiness and training for Cloud & DevOps offerings.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and become a leader able to lead customers in best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 3 – 5 years of IT implementation experience in DevOp services.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting customers by building and managing enterprise-scale DevOps platforms, including code repositories, automated build and testing tooling, automated deployment tooling, containerization technologies, and general automation of infrastructure, provisioning, and configuration management functions.
- 2+ years creating reference architectures, implementation, and system design documentation.
- Experience with Rancher, CloudFormation, HashiCorp Vault, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes in production environments.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Curious mindset with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Ability to travel to customer sites up to 25% within the eastern and central US time zones.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- Agile software development expert
- 3+ years developing enterprise software in agile or waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and / or AWS Native automation solutions, including services such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS EC2 Systems Manager, and AWS CodeStar.
- One or more cloud certifications (AWS Professional Certifications, Azure Professional Certifications, DCA, CKA, etc).