The ServiceNow ITSM Developer provides support for RoundTower ServiceNow clients and RoundTower internal projects. Primary responsibilities will be delivering ServiceNow implementation support and development for client engagements and secondary responsibility in developing new products and solutions.
Summary of essential job functions
- Prepare technical documentation as specified in customer contracts and as internally required
- Deliver, with guidance, all technical aspects of projects and solutions, including:
- Install, configure, and develop software products from ServiceNow with a focus on the core and ITSM based products (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Request, Knowledge Management, etc)
- Custom software solutions as required through scripting and software development
- Service Portal and Application UI Configuration
- Manage workflow design and configuration efforts
- Configuration Management and Asset Management
- Development of required client specific reporting
- Development and configuration of required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc)
- Interface with ServiceNow technical teams, such as Cloud Infrastructure, to successfully set up the SaaS platform.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of ServiceNow related issues and risks.
- Provide input and create client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related.
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Serve as a technical expert with varying industry knowledge.
- Travel will be required on an as necessary basis but should not exceed 15%.
Career Level Criteria
- Ability to present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions involving enterprise software.
- Experience implementing and integrating enterprise software applications.
- Functional knowledge and experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset, Knowledge Management).
- ServiceNow System Administrator (Required)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – IT Service Management (Required)
- ServiceNow Suite Certification - ITSM Professional (Desired)
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (Desired)
- 2-5 yrs. experience in Design and Implementation of ITSM platforms and at least 1+ yrs. experience on ServiceNow Automation Platform.
- Experience with leading the process definition, design, and implementation of Configuration Management and its supporting processes on ServiceNow / other industry leading Configuration management tools.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS.
- Must have solid experience building integrations to ServiceNow.
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques
- Good ability to manage change and engage team members
- Good ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage and escalate client issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.