Resource Manager--Professional Services
Resource Manager - Professional Services
The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager – Professional Services is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the Professional Services department Service Delivery Managers, Project Managers and at times, Practice Managers as it relates to resourcing across all work. The Resource manager will also be responsible for communicating with Project Managers to assure delivery expectations for both timeliness and quality. The Resource Manager will be responsible for assuring that request processes are defined and adhered to and for monitoring of utilization of resources for optimal leveling.
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation and conflict resolution.
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization numbers on Professional Services team.
- Manage and resolves resource booking conflicts.
- Build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts.
- Develop & Manage a Cross Training program for the Professional Services team, including curriculum, content development and delivery vehicles with the end goal of maximizing billable resource utilization.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations based on forecasted resource needs. Ensuring the right resources, with the right skillsets, available at the right times.
- Run weekly resource meeting and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with Professional Services and appropriate department heads.
- Manage resourcing forecast spreadsheets for Professional Services based on input from weekly meetings.
- Receive, analyze and report on weekly utilization reports to Professional Services Management team.
- Work with Professional Services Service Delivery Managers and Project Managers to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues.
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work with departments to resource and assist in the identification and management of vendors and facilitate initial discussions necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to Professional Services Management team with resolutions to such issues where applicable.
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage collaboration process with other department or practice to share resources on an as needed basis.
- Recommend process improvements for Resource Management.
- Responsible for managing overall utilization.
- Work to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members.
- 3-5 years resource management or project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft excel.
- Resource management software experience a plus.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results.
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups.