Senior Engineer--Cloud / DevOps - Azure
Senior Engineer – Cloud & DevOps
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology.
We are currently looking for an experienced Azure Senior Engineer within our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This role provides external support for RoundTower clients during service engagements. Primary responsibilities will be supporting post-sales activities to execute practice service offerings. The ideal candidate has experience helping organizations design and implement solutions that meet their needs and is looking to grow both technically and organizationally.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform implementation, support, and / or migration of applications (lift and shift, refactor) onto Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google).
- Ability to perform implementation, support, and / or migration to DevOps toolsets (e.g. Automation, Configuration Management, Containers, CI/CD, Source Control).
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Ability to travel to customer sites between 25-40% within the eastern US timezones.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 3-5 years of IT implementation experience in Azure
- 2+ years creating reference architectures, implementation and system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Proven experience with Azure Native automation solutions, including services such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure DevOps, Azure Service Fabric, and Azure CosmsoDB.
- One or more Azure Associate/Administrator Certifications
- 5+ years proven experience with DevOps solutions, including tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Portworx, AppDynamics, and others.
- 3+ years developing enterprise software in agile or waterfall methodologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- One or more Azure Expert Certifications
19RT942 and 19RT943