Service Delivery Escalation Manager
The Service Delivery Escalation Manager will be responsible for major incident management across the Professional Services service delivery engagements. This is a high visibility position that requires frequent contact with senior management as well as regular communications with the Practices, Managed Services, Service Delivery Management and Engineering teams. The successful candidate is a dynamic leader with a proven track record of successful development of relationships, development & implementation of processes, management of large scale strategic projects and programs, effective cross group collaboration and motivation of teams at all levels, and proficient from a technical perspective preferably in an IT Infrastructure, Software, and/or Cloud Services Delivery environment. The Service Delivery Escalation Manager needs to take end-to-end ownership of Incident Escalations and ensure that the right level of support and services are being provided. They will be expected to lead major incident recovery, ensure that root cause analysis is performed on issues and provide the mentoring of resources and provide the reporting out from an operational perspective.
The individual will also be responsible for establishing and executing effective Escalation Management policy, process and practices throughout the Service Delivery organization. Overall charter is to work with Project and Program Management and Delivery Services to reduce the need for sudden and urgent escalation handling through early issue identification, proactive communication, effective issue management and comprehensive reporting and analysis, and closed feedback communication.
* Responsible for the quality and performance of all delivery aspects of major incident management
* Actively lead and own the management of escalations and issues and engage to respond to and resolve in a timely manner
* Ensure that escalation issues are well understood, and are being appropriately actioned, by the appropriate resources, at the appropriate times.
* Lead cross functional response teams from Project Management Office, Delivery Services, Support Services, Sales, Pre Sales Account Management, the Practices, and Engineering through incident resolution
* Own both client and internal communication and status reporting throughout the escalation
* Point of Escalation for Major Incident Management issues and Major Incidents
* Implement monthly Escalation Feedback forum to communicate RCA causes, costs and improvement recommendations resulting from Escalation analysis
* Collaborate with PMO team to define transition and hand-off criteria to ensure smooth hand-off, when necessary
* Build out an escalation/incident management process to provide quality engagement on high priority issues
* Act as subject matter expert for Escalation Management Service
* Build rapport with the Practices, the Service Delivery Managers, Engineering, Partners, and Customers to maximize collaboration, secure needed resources, and streamline escalation handling
* Continuous oversight and improvement of the escalation handling processes to ensure that RoundTower offers the greatest customer experience possible.
* Collect and analyze trends associated with escalation metrics.
* Establish proactive escalation reduction strategies to reduce the volume of escalations occurring; partner with Service Delivery leaders to ensure successful execution and track progress against stablished targets
* At least 15 years of technical project management experience preferably as a Professional services consultant
* Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a consulting organization
* Must be an effective communicator at all levels with ability to act as advisor to Senior Management
* Proven ability to work effectively with ambiguity and to transform into structured work for consumption
* Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
* Must have experience of leading technical teams
* Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills
* Ability to travel up to 50 percent
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training