ServiceNow Managed Services Administrator/Developer
The ServiceNow Managed Services Administrator/Developer provides support for RoundTower’s ServiceNow Platform. Primary responsibilities will be supporting the Managed Services multi-tenancy instance on the ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow Managed Services Administrator/Developer will be part of the team that is accountable for the overall multi-tenancy instance of ServiceNow which includes both internal and external ServiceNow domains.
Summary of essential job functions
- Deliver, with minimal guidance, all technical aspects of project and solution including:
- Configure and develop workflows, application user interfaces (UIs), and create ServiceNow applications
- Configuration Management and Asset Management
- Development of required client specific and internal reporting
- Solution architecture, with specific emphasis on Lead efforts on Process, solution design & integration in support of implemented and new processes
- Configure required integration components (SSO, LDAP, Mid Servers, etc.)
- Interface with ServiceNow technical teams, such as Cloud Infrastructure, to successfully set up the SaaS platform.
- Assists in the identification, resolution and escalation of ServiceNow related issues and risks.
- Provides input and helps create client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related.
- Helps drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
- This includes the development and automation of various workflows, including the onboarding and set up of new customers within the environment.
- Able to understand services portfolio, comprehend requirements and support project teams looking to utilize ServiceNow
- Assist in meetings to prioritize enhancements for ServiceNow with multiple business units
- Collaborate with team members to look for ways to continuously improve our enterprise platform related processes (i.e. PPM, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, etc.)
- Work with development team to migrate updates into the production environment
- Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application
Career Level Criteria
- Ability to interpret stories/requirements with little guidance and deliver creative and logical solutions to meet customer expectation.
- Works on assignments using sound judgment and strong initiative to resolve problems and make choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- Assists is platform architecture design.
- Experience developing and implementing client facing solutions involving enterprise software.
- Functional knowledge and experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset, Knowledge Management).
- Assist in ServiceNow administration functions associated to project development and business unit adoption to ServiceNow Qualifications
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (Required)
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (Desired)
- 2-5 yrs. experience in Design and Implementation of ITSM platforms and at least 1+ yrs. experience on ServiceNow Automation Platform.
- Experience assisting process definition, design & implementation of Configuration Management and its supporting processes on ServiceNow / other industry leading Configuration management tools.
- Practical understanding and usage of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS.
- Experience building integrations to ServiceNow preferred.
- Experience with domain separated environments preferred.
- Experience in supporting a managed services ticketing system.
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques.
- Good ability to manage change and engage with other team members.
- Good facilitation and communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to recognize, manage and escalate client issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.