ServiceNow Solutions Architect
The ServiceNow Solutions Architect provides internal support forRoundTower’s ServiceNow Platform. Primary responsibilities will be supportingLines of Business as a subject matter expert to the ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow Solutions Architect will be part of the team that is accountable for the overall multi-tenancy instance of ServiceNow which includes both internal and external ServiceNow domains.
Summary of essential job functions
- This includes the development and automation of various workflows, including the onboarding and set up of new customers within the environment.
- Acting as the primary design and implementation SME on all things ServiceNow Expert in the various modules of ServiceNow such asProject Portfolio Management (PPM), Incident, Problem, Change, ITOM, Event Management, CMDB/Asset, SLM, Knowledge Management, Report/ Performance Analytics, Service Catalogs, Content Management System/Service Portal, Web Service Integration and new custom application development.
- Able to understand services portfolio, comprehend requirements and support project teams looking to utilize ServiceNow
- Provide final approval on enhancements that will be developed and pushed to production
- Run meetings to prioritize enhancements for ServiceNow with multiple business units
- Develop Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts, ACLs, Glide Ajax, JSON, Inbound Actions, Notifications, and Workflow Activities. Maintain and implement multiple integrations with 3rd party platforms (ServiceNow, SAML, Resilient, JIRA, HPSM, etc.)/(SOAP/REST)
- Collaborate with team members to look for ways to continuously improve our enterprise platform related processes (i.e. PPM, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, etc.)
- Work with development team to migrate updates into the production environment
- Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application
Career Level Criteria
- Ability to present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions involving enterprise software.
- Experience implementing and integrating enterprise software applications.
- Functional knowledge and experience with PPM, IT Service Management (ITSM) processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset, Knowledge Management).
Experience and Certifications
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification (Required)
- ServiceNow Application Creation Certification (Desired)
- 5+ yrs. experience in Design and Implementation of ITSM platforms and at least 3+ yrs. experience on ServiceNow Automation Platform.
- Experience with leading the process definition, design & implementation of Configuration Management and its supporting processes on ServiceNow / other industry leading Configuration management tools.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques
- Good ability to manage change and engage team members
- Good ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to manage and escalate client issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.