Consulting Systems Engineer--Cloud / DevOps
- Develop and propose solutions to RoundTower clients around Cloud, Automation, DevOps, and complementary solutions that provide the highest value for our customers while taking into account their unique business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Directly support RoundTower’s account teams by providing: technical sales presentations, proof of concepts, RFP responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops.
- Work closely with RoundTower’s account managers and sales engineers to identity Cloud & DevOps opportunities in existing customers, and educate the teams on the solutions within the practice portfolio.
- Define and create Statements of Work for customer engagements based on customer requirements and practice methodology.
- Drive the continuous improvements of our Practice Methodology and Service Offerings based on client experiences.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Ability to perform advanced, independent design and integration of Cloud solutions, such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platforms as a Service, and Software as a Service.
- Ability to perform advanced, independent design and integration of DevOps solutions, such as one or more of the following: Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Source Control, Deployment Automation, Image Management, Applications Performance Management, and Containers.
- Engage with both business and technology decision makers in conjunction with account teams in order to evangelize, build relationships, and provide domain expertise to assist in adoption of Cloud & DevOps solutions.
- Evaluate and foster new partner products and solution capabilities within the Cloud & DevOps practice portfolio.
- Proven experience with one or more Public and Hybrid Cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware.
- Proven experience with one or more DevOps solutions, including tools such as Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Pivotal, Instana, and others.
- Preferred certifications include: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- At least 3 years of experience in client-facing role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate distributed cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into business proposals.
- Develop overall virtualization solutions including high level designs, Statements of Work, and creating bills of materials.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience