Operations Team Supervisor
Operations Team Supervisor
The Operations Team Supervisor a member of the Managed Services Operations team whose primary function is to provide daily operational support, workflow management and supervision for the 24x7 Tier 1 and Tier 2 Teams. The Team Supervisor is responsible for continual improvement, critical incident process management, delivery of quality program and knowledge base maintenance.
The job functions of the Team Supervisor include:
- Supervises Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel
- Ensure work schedules for both teams are sufficiently covered for each work day
- Reschedule personnel to cover for vacations, emergencies, and/or sick time
- Conduct written warnings, as needed, when processes/policies are not followed
- Attend performance review meetings with the Operations Manager as needed
- Update the Operations Manager on any personnel issues that may arise
- Represent RoundTower in a professional manner in all forms of communication with our customers
- Ensure that daily issues of a complex scope receive the urgency and escalation necessary to support the overall business and customer support objectives
- Ensure appropriate technical resources are assigned and incidents are being addressed in all ticket queues for Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Responsible for incident manager responsibilities for high severity outages
- Assist in the delivery and execution of staff development/action plans
- Participate in design discussions for Operations tools and technology
- Coach and mentor T1 Analysts on technical skills, call and ticket quality etc.
- Ticket workflow delegation to the T1 Analysts and T2 Admins
- Work closely with other Managed Services team members to create/update process and Knowledge Base documentation for new and existing customers and communicate changes to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams
- Identify gaps in process and procedure and initiate service improvement plans
- Participate in internal Managed Services focused continual service improvement projects
- Assist with the onboarding of new analysts
- Lead morning operations call, and distribution of morning turnover as requested
- Run daily reports as needed to support customer requirements
- The qualities of an effective team leader inspire the trust and respect of the team and stimulate production within the environment.
- Maintain emotional balance and self-control in dealing with difficult personnel situations
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills; be adept at communicating with all levels of technical and non-technical people
- Utilize negotiation skills to achieve results
- Affinity for and successful experience with small to medium size business environments
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing work environment
- Must be able to balance tasks back-to-back against specific timeframes
- Great organizational skills!
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in an 24x7 IT/Data Center environment
- 3+ years of on-the-job IT troubleshooting experience within a multi-tenant Operations environment
- Incident manager experience with high severity outage situations, preferred
- ITIL v3 and/or Help Desk Institute certifications, preferred
- Strong knowledge of ticketing system software with awareness of ITIL process, ServiceNow experience helpful
- Security compliance experience (PCI, ISO 27001 or SOX), helpful
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Hands-on work experience with the following:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2010
- User account management for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
- Remote desktop connectivity (RDP)
- Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- 2-factor authentication, soft tokens
- Others: SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other common desktop applications
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and individual personal development
Certifications and Licenses
One of the following certifications is required:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- CompTIA A+ / CompTIA Network+
Schedule--Sunday through Tuesday with rotating Wednesdays.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.