Senior Systems Administrator (Systems Focus)
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that all systems, applications, and related procedures adhere to organizational guidelines.
Sr. Systems Admin (Systems) works with the Sr. Systems Admin (Security) on maintaining corporate security and network resiliency.
The Senior Systems Administrator work with the Systems Administrator to ensure they are performing similar tasks at corporate standards by training and mentoring the SA in overall operations at the enterprise level.Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of the enterprise server environment. This includes implementation configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring, and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the server and software environment within the enterprise.
- Provide primary or secondary support responsibilities for servers and some corporate applications.
- Be the primary point of contact for escalation (Tier III) from the Help Desk personnel, Systems Administrator and/or Desktop Support Analyst for major enterprise systems – Windows, AD, ADFS, SSO, VMWare, storage and backup.
- Lead the development and implementation of systems for upgrades and overall improvement needs.
- Evaluate new industry hardware and software to stay current on emerging technologies, market trends, and future expectations. Plan and recommend system or application modifications as necessary to improve performance or security.
- Analyze proposed and actual projects in terms of equipment and resource needs.
- Assist the IT Manager with day-to-day operations of the corporate infrastructure (HVAC, Generator, DCIM). Assist with vendor management where possible.
- Provide technical guidance for planning and monitoring server operations.
- Monitor reliability of the server infrastructure and operating systems on multiple platforms.
- Participate in the rotating “on call” schedule with other members of the team for providing support to the business and partners.
- Maintain system documentation and departmental procedures.
- Mentor team members to ensure redundancy across the team regardless of support level. Knowledge share has to be fluid and continual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain currency of technological skills and knowledge base.
- Promote a positive image of RoundTower Technologies at all times.
- Operate in coordination with Senior Systems Administrator(s) and IT Manager as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years of enterprise level system administration experience required.
- 3+ years working experience in the IT support environment. This includes ticketing process, change management, full documentation, process improvement, and supporting remote users.
- Experience with administration and support of the following Microsoft technologies: Server 2008/2012/2016; Active Directory and Azure Active Directory; ADFS; O365 and the full Microsoft Suite of tools; eDsicovery; Azure cloud applications (specifically AD Connect) required.
- Versatility working in multiple browser types – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge (and Explorer) required
- Experience with administration and support of VMware, Carbon Black Defense. Palo Alto Firewalls, and Cisco UCS, and various storage area networks requested.
- Familiarization with various hardware models including hyper-converged systems also requested.
- IIS 7 and later Architecture, Administration, Security, Configuration, Performance Tuning, Process Management experience is a preferred for this position.
- Demonstrated ability in handling confidential matters in an ethical manner