Consulting Systems Engineer--Network (Presales)
Consulting Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing expert consultative solutions with a focus on Networking & Computing architectures; including but not limited to Data Center Infrastructures, Cisco UCS, Global WANs, Software Defined Networking, Campus LAN & WLAN environments, Firewalls and IP Telephony across all business verticals. This position will provide leadership and support in pre-sale designs and discussions, as well as, provide product updates and advisement to both internal and external customers. Will be responsible for HL & LL assessments with the ability to make presentations around those findings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ Years of relevant experience in IT Architecture/Engineering
- 5+ years of experience focused on infrastructure solutions in customer-facing positions as a professional services/pre-sales consultant or engineer.
- Demonstrated experience with Data Center, Route/Switch, LAN/WAN
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience
- CCIE R&S or DC (preferred)
- Expert industry knowledge and outlook with two or more of the followingprimary technologies: Campus LAN/WAN Networking, Data Center Networking, Software Defined Networking (NSX/ACI), Virtualization, Securityand Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Familiarity with two or more of the following technologies: IP Telephony,Data Science, Converged/Hyper-converged Cloud Computing, Automation/Operations/Management (Openstack, vRealize, Puppet, Chef,Saltstack, Hybrid, Public Cloud consumption)
- Very strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated collaborative abilities among all levels of management & customers
- Solid understanding of MS – Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to produce clear and detailed technical documentation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data
- Translate complex business requirements into Network solutions
- Develop overall Network solutions including HLDs, SOWs, and BoMs
- Assist Account Managers with presenting solutions to client
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time.