Consulting Systems Engineer--Network (Presales)
Consulting Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing expert consultative solutions with a focus on Networking & Networking Security architectures; including but not limited to:
- Data Center Networking, including Software Defined Networking
- Campus Networking, including Wireless Networking
- Wide Area Networking (WAN), including SD-WAN
- Network Security, including Firewalls
- Unified Collaboration (UC), including Voice, Video and Web conferencing
This position will provide technical leadership and support in pre-sale designs and discussions, as well as, provide product updates and advisement to both internal and external customers. Will be responsible for High Level Designs and Solutions. May perform and lead in Network Assessments, Client Workshops, and Proof of Concepts. Must have the ability to make presentations to a wide audience from Network Engineer to CIO.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ Years of relevant experience Network Engineering
- 5+ years of experience focused on infrastructure solutions in customer-facing positions as a professional services/pre-sales consultant or engineer.
- Demonstrated experience with (2) or more of the following: Data Center, Route/Switch, LAN/WAN, Security, Collaboration
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience
- CCIE R&S or DC (preferred)
- Expert industry knowledge and outlook with two or more of the following primary technologies: Campus LAN/WAN Networking, Data Center Networking, Software Defined Networking (NSX/ACI), Security and Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet)
- Very strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated collaborative abilities among all levels of management & customers
- Intermediate to Expert level of Microsoft Office products. – Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to produce clear and detailed technical documentation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data
- Translate complex business requirements into Network solutions
- Develop overall Network solutions including High Level Designs, Statements of Work, Level of Efforts, and Build of Materials
- Experience delivering presentations to client groups up to and including senior management
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time.