Senior Systems Engineer, Team Lead--Network / Compute
Senior Systems Engineer, Team Lead — Network / Compute
Technical Team Lead Duties:
- Supervises, guides, motivates, coaches, and mentors team members
- Organizes and delegates workload for the team
- Assigns resource to customers
- Manages Utilization
- Monitors work and performs quality control / assurance
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- “Point of Contact” for urgent and critical customer escalations
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Serves as an escalation point for the team with questions and provides help where needed
- Reports to management on team and customer status
- Responsible for Technology Governance in their Area of Expertise
- Develops technical Policy, Process, and Procedure for specific area
- Contributes to development of department wide policy, process, and procedure.
- Assists Management during sales cycle in assessing capability and effort
- Defines Training Path for Team.
- Manage and maintain customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure daily
- Perform baseline network administration tasks including but not limited to Configuration Management, Inventory Management, and Capacity Management
- Perform incident management on wide variety of issues impacting Network and Collaboration infrastructure or that are result of failure in its operation
- Performs adds, moves, and changes on Network and Collaboration infrastructure within expected SLAs
- Execute Network and Collaboration infrastructure maintenance and migration processes as required by customer
- Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of the managed Network and Collaboration infrastructure
- Build and maintain documentation for customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure.
- Perform periodic review of customer Network and Collaboration infrastructure, completing documentation and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide support and cross-training to both customer IT staff and internal team members on managed solutions to ensure resilient support model
- Periodic travel for on-site customer meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise Routing and Switching technologies.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- Strong background with operational administration of Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco ASAs
- Strong background with operational administration of VPN technologies (RA-VPN/DMVPN/L2L)
- Experience with more than two enterprise LAN and WAN topologies
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration infrastructure
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of controller-based wireless infrastructure
- Strong background with operational administration of Network Management Systems
- Deep knowledge of AAA framework and experience with operational administration of RADIUS and TACACS+ infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of Riverbed Steelhead infrastructure a plus
- Foundational skillset with operational administration of QoS technologies a plus